nova '10, gtown '13, duke '14 | Syracusefan.com

nova '10, gtown '13, duke '14

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
for those that were at all 3, which crowd was the best? i assume gtown is last by a wide margin. i was only at the gtown game but i could tell even before the game started the crowds wasnt as rowdy as i thought it would be.

That Duke game was epic. I don't even compare it to the other two.

That Duke game was epic. I don't even compare it to the other two.
G'town last for sure. However, the 'Nova and Duke games are a close 1a and 1b (with Duke edging out 'Nova). The excitement at both of those games was palpable. With 'Nova, we knew that we would be #1 with a win and it was a 9pm tip, which made the energy level one of the best I have seen at the Dome. However, with Duke coming in there seemed to be even more anticipation and the game itself was obviously very compelling, compared to the 'Nova game where we won going away. Both games were ones that I will remember for a very long time. G'town was one that I am still trying to forget...

The only game I have attended that was better than the Duke '14 game was 6OT.

Nova 2010 was pretty sweet, though.

The Nova crowd in '10 was very good, but if I remember correctly we were down early in that game and it took a little of the starch out. But then as the game went on and we took the lead and then buried them with the long and devastating run where we got whatever we wanted it built up, but never had the tense moments like Duke on Saturday.

The Gtown crowd was pretty into it early, there was the buzz in the building at the start, but the style of the game and the fact that they beat the crap out of us took most of the crowd out of it and by the end, there was nothing left.

The Duke crowd was by far and away the best, in my opinion. A lot of that had to do with the quality of the game. Both teams were making runs at each other. Lots of points scored. Highs and lows, back and forth. Combine it with the fact that it came down to the end (twice!) and I'm not sure what could top it.

Georgetown absolutely sucked last year. The fans showed up as much as the players. I got reamed at about 5 times for standing up. Didn't happen Saturday and didn't happen in 2010.

Nova was emotional, Gerry game, outcome was less important than honoring our boy. G'town last year was just another game. As stated, we sat most of the game. Duke, we barely sat. Like the 80's.

Duke game was reminiscent of G'town '85, '89. St. Johns '85. Place was ape stuff, no matter how it seemed on TV.

Nova was emotional, Gerry game, outcome was less important than honoring our boy. G'town last year was just another game. As stated, we sat most of the game. Duke, we barely sat. Like the 80's.

Duke game was reminiscent of G'town '85, '89. St. Johns '85. Place was ape stuff, no matter how it seemed on TV.

You're off by 4 years. You are talking about Nova 2006, not 2010!

You're off by 4 years. You are talking about Nova 2006, not 2010!

Ha, yup. Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Nova '10 was awesome. But not like the Duke game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom