Nova game is big | Syracusefan.com

Nova game is big

Nova might be the best team we play all year. A win for Cuse could put us a potential 20-0 when Duke comes to town.

It is possible but the more interesting question is how probable. Villanova will be a tough game. UNC on the 1/11 will be a tough game. Pittsburgh will be a tough game on 1/18. And away at Wake Forest on 1/29 will be tough game. My prediction is Wake Forest on 1/29 has the potential to be the Orange's first lost if they win all the previous three. This is because it is away game just before the Duke game which will be in everyone's mind.

Last edited:
It is possible but the more interesting question is how probably. Villanova will be a tough game. UNC on the 1/11 will be a tough game. Pittsburgh will be a tough game on 1/18. And away at Wake Forest on 1/29 will be tough game. My prediction is Wake Forest on 1/29 has the potential to be the Orange's first lost if they win all the previous three. This is because it is away game just before the Duke game which will be in everyone's mind.

There will be a crowd of us at Wake Forest to wake up the team if they look like they're trying to mail it in.

I will say it:

No game in December is big.

But seriously, it is big in the sense that we want #1 in MSG and winning this would most likely mean undefeated in the non conference, which would be a very nice first step towards a #1 in the East. Also big because Villanova is sneaking into the conversation for Top seeds in the East.

We can lose any game after High Point. Fwiw, I think UNC > Villanova.
I think I agree, just because UNC has so much more raw talent, but your post made me think how completely different UNC and Nova are.

I will say it:

No game in December is big.

But seriously, it is big in the sense that we want #1 in MSG and winning this would most likely mean undefeated in the non conference, which would be a very nice first step towards a #1 in the East. Also big because Villanova is sneaking into the conversation for Top seeds in the East.

Losing to Temple last year was a reason why we got shipped out west so every game regardless is a big game. Doesnt matter whether its in December or February

Big game indeed and payback as well. Nova has been impressive. They did however beat a fringe top 25 team and a highly over-rated KU team so will be interesting to see what they do against us. I think Ennis' cool with the ball in his hands is going to be trouble for Nova. Think we are not a good matchup for them ( nice for a change).

Big game indeed and payback as well. Nova has been impressive. They did however beat a fringe top 25 team and a highly over-rated KU team so will be interesting to see what they do against us. I think Ennis' cool with the ball in his hands is going to be trouble for Nova. Think we are not a good matchup for them ( nice for a change).
they rebound well and it will be a hack fest, so as long as we make FTs I think we are good, and it would be nice if Cooney had a good game

I think going 5-7 down the stretch was a much bigger factor than losing to Temple on a neutral court in December

It started the process however of us sliding out of that pod. Make no mistake the winner of this game will certainly have the upper hand in getting to that Buffalo pod.

Last year I went to the Nova game at Nova. It sucked we lost that one! I hope we get payback!! REAL ORANGE PAYBACK!!!

We can lose any game after High Point. Fwiw, I think UNC > Villanova.
Better athletes maybe, but UNC doesn't have any shooters right now except Paige. If they get their two guys back who are being held hostage by the NCAA then I agree with you.

Better athletes maybe, but UNC doesn't have any shooters right now except Paige. If they get their two guys back who are being held hostage by the NCAA then I agree with you.
They've beaten some pretty good teams without them.

jimmyT: who is that pretty lass in your avatar pic?
Inquiring minds want to know. I want to know. Hot dang, woman!
Sorry, cto. I have no shame.

Who cares about the Buffalo POD. We want MSG and if we get MSG we will most likely get Buffalo.
Who cares about the Buffalo POD. We want MSG and if we get MSG we will most likely get Buffalo.

Isn't the Buffalo pod for the first 2 rounds and then MSG comes next for the regionals? I don't think we get to NYC without playing in Buffalo first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom