Nova vs Bridgewater and Nassib | Syracusefan.com

Nova vs Bridgewater and Nassib

chakka3421

All Conference
The game last night reminded me of the way Marrone used Nassib in the past couple of years as a "game management" type quarterback NFL style of play. Listening to the announcers during the game reminded me of the talk that described Nassib about being a good game manager from just 1 year ago.

Bridgewater reminded me of how Marrone has used Nassib differently this year in the up tempo style of play that focuses on making plays, striking and scoring quickly, not simply managing the game.

I certainly hope that we get quarterbacks that can continue with this up tempo style of offense in the future. Late game situations, like last night, I had much more confidence in Bridgewater vs Nova on who had the best chance to score and win the game.

I have watched RU alot this year, being as I live close to campus and I am a fan of BE. That being said, there was no doubt in my mind that last nights game was going to end with a Nova INT. Any legit RU fan, that watches their games and really follows them would agree with them.

Now, flashback to the Mizzou game, I had ZERO DOUBT that Nassib was going to lead us to a TD. I was certain of it.

Its really odd, that with the size of those RU recievers, they dont have a more pronounced vertical game. From what I gather, their receivers are tall, but arent fast (no separation) and cant consistently catch the ball. What a shame.

I remember when Coleman was down to us and RU, and he chose RU. We were hoping Flemming could be our coleman. I dont think he even saw the field this year.

I have watched RU alot this year, being as I live close to campus and I am a fan of BE. That being said, there was no doubt in my mind that last nights game was going to end with a Nova INT. Any legit RU fan, that watches their games and really follows them would agree with them.

Now, flashback to the Mizzou game, I had ZERO DOUBT that Nassib was going to lead us to a TD. I was certain of it.

Its really odd, that with the size of those RU recievers, they dont have a more pronounced vertical game. From what I gather, their receivers are tall, but arent fast (no separation) and cant consistently catch the ball. What a shame.

I remember when Coleman was down to us and RU, and he chose RU. We were hoping Flemming could be our coleman. I dont think he even saw the field this year.
If he didn't get hurt he would have made a significant contribution this year.

I agree. With the size and athleticism of their WRs, they should have had a pass-first offense but they tried to run it down everyone's throats. I basically said the same things to my son last night. Their formula all season long was a big ST play that resulted in a TD or gave their O a very short field, a defensive TD (or very short field) and one offensive TD drive. Keep the TO battle even or better and make them have sustained drives and they really struggle. Their WRs get open a lot and are very tall and physical, but 1/3 of the time Nova can't make a good pass, another 1/3 of the time they drop it. They have basically played like this all year. The 3 losses were where the opponents won the TO battle. Heck, RUs two TDs last night were fairly short passes where the D just made really bad plays and let them go for long TDs. Force them to sustain drives and they can't.

For all the heat Nova takes the kid is only a true sophomore. I think he has the potential to be a hell of a QB. He really threw some beautiful balls last night.

I agree. With the size and athleticism of their WRs, they should have had a pass-first offense but they tried to run it down everyone's throats. I basically said the same things to my son last night. Their formula all season long was a big ST play that resulted in a TD or gave their O a very short field, a defensive TD (or very short field) and one offensive TD drive. Keep the TO battle even or better and make them have sustained drives and they really struggle. Their WRs get open a lot and are very tall and physical, but 1/3 of the time Nova can't make a good pass, another 1/3 of the time they drop it. They have basically played like this all year. The 3 losses were where the opponents won the TO battle. Heck, RUs two TDs last night were fairly short passes where the D just made really bad plays and let them go for long TDs. Force them to sustain drives and they can't.

Georgia uses the same strategy and they're number 3 in the country and may play for the NC.

I think Flemming is a Sr. now too... its a shame, because from all reports he has some talent, but his SU career is nearly over

Methinks there might be a slight difference in talent between RU and UGA.

That's true, but it also validates Rutgers formula. By no means am I one of their homers. I think their brand of football is BORING.

Edit: Come to think of it, they're a perfect fit for the Big Ten :blah:

That's true, but it also validates Rutgers formula. By no means am I one of their homers. I think their brand of football is BORING.

Edit: Come to think of it, they're a perfect fit for the Big Ten :blah:

rutgirls formula? you mean boring and the need of the other team to make a mistake? georgia isn't rutgirls. georgia has a future nfl draft pick at qb. yea, their dma, and nothing more, fits with the big 10. joke program joke fans.

For all the heat Nova takes the kid is only a true sophomore. I think he has the potential to be a hell of a QB. He really threw some beautiful balls last night.

Yeah, if Sunseri turned into a really good QB and Nassib turned into an all-BE QB, then I really don't see any reason not to stick with Nova and reap the benefits the next couple years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom