Nova Wins Battle 4 Atlantis | Syracusefan.com

Nova Wins Battle 4 Atlantis

Yeah, wow, looks like Wright definitely has 'em out of whatever weird funk they were in for about 2 1/2 years there (I heard/read about all sorts of ugly off-court stuff)

Great that Nova is turning into a better than expected opponent, we as fans will be treated to one of the teams' most entertaining non con schedules we've seen in a long time. Nova is going to want this one bad when they face SU.

They have a bunch of Paul Harris-type bodies with good skills...Bell, Pinkston, etc. Ennis is good and Arachnid can ball. I think they will make some noise in March.

Came back from 9 down at half to win in OT. Should be a great game in the Dome.

I love it - since the ACC is probably a little weaker than we anticipated, I will take all the RPI-boosting we can get. And I genuinely like Jay Wright.

They have a bunch of Paul Harris-type bodies with good skills...Bell, Pinkston, etc. Ennis is good and Arachnid can ball. I think they will make some noise in March.
Wright has to manage Ochefu's minutes too much as he is their only big. Has the same feel as their team that got bounced by St. Mary's.

The Nova game just got a lot more interesting. They remind me a faster more talented St Francis type team. A lot of player's with fast hands and streetwise game experience. The Orange will really need to show up. That said, I thought the Orange winning the Maui was a very good result.

Nova looked good but the matchups were good for them. Kansas id a turnover machine and iowa lacks the athletes. We are athletic and take care of the ball. Cj and jerami should have fun with all the space they will have once ennis and trevor break the 3/4 ct press. That said nova is much improved and should bring a ranking with them into the dome. They look like the most difficult non conf game left by far. Yogi and vonleh I dont think can beat us by themselves and we still look like a bad matchup for the hoosiers.

After we take care of business vs. IU on Tuesday it would appear that Nova is the one team standing between us and going into Conference play undefeated.

Nova has been the one adversary from the original Big East composition that didn't have a lot of bad blood associated with the rivalry. Historically there have been so many great games and players associated with the two teams. John Pinone, Kerry Kittles, Ed Pinckney, Harold Jensen, just to name a few. Every year we are shown the celebration by North Carolina State when Valvano's outfit won the dance but in my mind the one that stands out (besides Cuse in '03 of course) is Rollie Massimino widly waving his arms when they made their unlikely run to the title by upsetting the evil Georgetown.

Rollie then went on to coach UNLV, Cleveland State, and now he is with the Northwood Seahawks in the Sunbelt Conference. He has over 700 wins and ya gotta wonder why he ended up in relative obscurity after having such a high profile during the glory years of the early Big East.

Jay Wright / George Clooney will have them ready when they visit the dome and it will be a huge test for us. I'm thinking that the continued progress and melding together of our team will enable us to handle them.

Flacusian said:
After we take care of business vs. IU on Tuesday it would appear that Nova is the one team standing between us and going into Conference play undefeated. Nova has been the one adversary from the original Big East composition that didn't have a lot of bad blood associated with the rivalry. Historically there have been so many great games and players associated with the two teams. John Pinone, Kerry Kittles, Ed Pinckney, Harold Jensen, just to name a few. Every year we are shown the celebration by North Carolina State when Valvano's outfit won the dance but in my mind the one that stands out (besides Cuse in '03 of course) is Rollie Massimino widly waving his arms when they made their unlikely run to the title by upsetting the evil Georgetown. Rollie then went on to coach UNLV, Cleveland State, and now he is with the Northwood Seahawks in the Sunbelt Conference. He has over 700 wins and ya gotta wonder why he ended up in relative obscurity after having such a high profile during the glory years of the early Big East. Jay Wright / George Clooney will have them ready when they visit the dome and it will be a huge test for us. I'm thinking that the continued progress and melding together of our team will enable us to handle them.

I wouldn't overlook St. John's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom