November | Syracusefan.com

November

Stevenson

2023 Cali Award Winner Pts Against & Passing Yards
Dino is 5-20 in November at Syracuse. Averaging just less than one win in the month the past six seasons.

We need to get some Ws this month starting today. Pitt, BC are must have games. One of FSU or Wake would be nice.

LGO

I only counted 5-17. Let's hope this year is like 2018 (3-1) or even 2019 (2-2), and not like the other 4 years (0-14). If we only go 1-3 that should put Dino back on the hot seat.

I only counted 5-17. Let's hope this year is like 2018 (3-1) or even 2019 (2-2), and not like the other 4 years (0-14). If we only go 1-3 that should put Dino back on the hot seat.

You had a like until that last line.

This team started 6-0 for the first time in 35 years, sold out 2 home games, been ranked for several weeks for the first time in years, and has been bowl eligible since mid Oct.

Here are the chances of Dino being on the hotseat at the end of this season:

time house GIF

(Also because we’re winning at least 2 of these last 4 :cool: So it’l be moot.)

You had a like until that last line.

This team started 6-0 for the first time in 35 years, sold out 2 home games, been ranked for several weeks for the first time in years, and has been bowl eligible since mid Oct.

Here are the chances of Dino being on the hotseat at the end of this season:

time house GIF

(Also because we’re winning at least 2 of these last 4 :cool: So it’l be moot.)

Do you know what on the hot seat means? It doesn't mean that a firing is imminent. It means that if he doesn't perform going forward that he likely will be fired. If we go 7-5 this year do you really think he is safe if he goes 5-7 or 6-6 next season? But a 9-3 season this year will excuse a 5-7 next year.

I checked again. 5-18. 5-19 if you count the December loss to Notre Dame in the covid year

No yours is asinine. How does going 7-5 this season give him a free pass next season?

Ok, this post is even dumber actually. Reply again, I can’t imagine an even dumber post but I’d love to read it.

Ok, this post is even dumber actually. Reply again, I can’t imagine an even dumber post but I’d love to read it.

Brilliant rebuttal, the norm for you.

Any HC that doesn't have a free pass for the next season is on the hot seat.

When does Dino's contract expire? Every coach needs at least 2 years otherwise you are killing the program's recruiting. If he only has 2023/2024 left then we need to add at least a year after this season.

I think this will all be moot. I expect us to go at least 2-2 to finish the season. But if we do go 7-6, that wipes out any good will from 6-0.

Assuming he is under contract until 2024, if we end up 7-5, he hasn't done enough to warrant anything more than 1 year extension IMO. Which means he has to perform in 2023 against a very manageable schedule. Cant' go 2-7 against the P5s. But 8-4 or better this year, we should give him 2 or even a 3 year extension. That means 2023 his seat is very very cold.

If we end 7-6 this year, go 5-7 next year, which is following 5-7 in 2019, 1-10 in 2020 (really 3-9 in a normal year), and 5-7 in 2021 we have a decision to make to either move on from Dino or extend his contract. Why in the heck would you extend him at that point?

People wanted him fired after last season. So going 7-6 this year gives him a free pass for 2023?

Again I don't expect any of this to even come into play. I expect us to win 2 more games this year. I expect us to have a winning record next year.

When does Dino's contract expire? Every coach needs at least 2 years otherwise you are killing the program's recruiting. If he only has 2023/2024 left then we need to add at least a year after this season.

I think this will all be moot. I expect us to go at least 2-2 to finish the season. But if we do go 7-6, that wipes out any good will from 6-0.

Assuming he is under contract until 2024, if we end up 7-5, he hasn't done enough to warrant anything more than 1 year extension IMO. Which means he has to perform in 2023 against a very manageable schedule. Cant' go 2-7 against the P5s. But 8-4 or better this year, we should give him 2 or even a 3 year extension. That means 2023 his seat is very very cold.

If we end 7-6 this year, go 5-7 next year, which is following 5-7 in 2019, 1-10 in 2020 (really 3-9 in a normal year), and 5-7 in 2021 we have a decision to make to either move on from Dino or extend his contract. Why in the heck would you extend him at that point?

People wanted him fired after last season. So going 7-6 this year gives him a free pass for 2023?

Again I don't expect any of this to even come into play. I expect us to win 2 more games this year. I expect us to have a winning record next year.

Ok, not the fun I was hoping for. Completely backing down from your previous posts while not admitting defeat completely. I get it.

Ok, not the fun I was hoping for. Completely backing down from your previous posts while not admitting defeat completely. I get it.

What are you talking about? You really should take a reading comprehension class. You can use Google.

False premises are false.
Both of them.

There are NOT 2 binary states for a coach to reside in:
Free pass.
Hot seat.

6-0 happened.
Then the schedule got harder, and injuries happened.

Again - your premises are false, so that’s why your conclusions are wrong.

Wow…. You know there’s not enough to complain about when we start attacking each other.

Keep in mind we finished the game last week without the following.

Starting QB
Starting fullback/TE
Starting WR (Jones)
Starting LG
Starting DT
Starting LB
Starting CB
Starting Safety

And several other players are banged up including a couple who are already slated for surgery after the season.

This team isn’t perfect. The coaches aren’t perfect. But I love the heart they show every week and the way they have played this year. I love seeing the next man up; guys like Darton, Del Rio-Wilson, McDonald, Johnson or Cruz. These guys, and others, have been ready to compete when called on.

I realize some people are naturally more comfortable complaining about things like the leaves, the snow and of course the coaching, but I’m not going to spend my time being negative when this team has given us so much to be grateful for this year. Besides, we have a game to get ready for today.

GO ORANGE!

*** It’s November 5th and it’s 72 degrees in Syracuse.

Last edited:
False premises are false.
Both of them.

There are NOT 2 binary states for a coach to reside in:
Free pass.
Hot seat.

6-0 happened.
Then the schedule got harder, and injuries happened.

Again - your premises are false, so that’s why your conclusions are wrong.

So you think if we go 3-13 vs P5 competition (or worse) he is safe? If your answer is no, then that means he would have been on the hot seat.

Again I DO NOT anticipate that this will happen.

Clemson, NC State, Wake, Pitt, UNC, Duke, VA Tech, UVA, Miami, GA Tech HCs can all have a bad season next year and they will not be fired. Their seats are cold for the entirety of 2023. FSU, Louisville, and BC that is not the case. Their seats are warm going into next season and they cannot survive a bad season.

If you think he isn’t safe at 7-5, why would he be anymore safe at 8-4 or 9-3?
8+ Ws is a good season and gets good will. 7-6 means you ended 1-6. It is an ok season but doesn’t create enough goodwill to cover a 5-7 in 2023.

I don’t think we will even have to see this scenario so it all doesn’t matter.

8+ Ws is a good season and gets good will. 7-6 means you ended 1-6. It is an ok season but doesn’t create enough goodwill to cover a 5-7 in 2023.

It is November. Game day. Chance for a big win.
Try to be a fan.
We have star players.
Young promising players.
Kids playing hard.
A great staff.
Dino as a great representative of SU.
Two recent sell outs at the Dome. Exciting match up at Clemson.
A young QB with high potential.

Not going to worry about 2023. We are relevant in November!

But 8-4/8-5 means you ended 2-4/5, I just don’t see how that’s any different going into next season. Like why does that earn you more leeway for the next season? If anything it makes expectations higher and harder to achieve versus the alternative

Dino made a bowl
No hot seat this season
Will need to improve again next season
Agree 100% with you. If he has a typical Dino November and next year there is no improvement, we will be right back to where we were in August of 22. I am hoping the November is not typical and next year is an improvement. Go Orange!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom