Now arriving... | Syracusefan.com

Now arriving...

I knew there was a thread for this kinda stuff - couldn't find it. Thanks Mods!

Here’s a list of the school’s most recent additions, via SU Athletics:
l

OT Ryan Alexander: Perhaps the most important signing of the offseason, Alexander was a two-year starter at right tackle for South Alabama. The graduate transfer is expected to fill one of the Orange’s two vacant tackle spots on the o-line this fall.

TE Luke Benson: The only tight end that SU took last cycle, Benson brings speed and reliable hands. He could create mismatches with his 6-foot-4, 220-pound frame.

LB Geoff Cantin-Arku: One of two Canadian additions this year, Cantin-Arku is rated the top prospect from Quebec in the 2019 class. He could push for playing time at a thin position this fall, along with early enrollees Mikel Jones and Lee Kpogba.

FB Kevon Darton: A preferred walk-on from Massachusetts, Darton provides size and versatility. He could contribute at fullback or defensive tackle.

DB Aman Greenwood: Where exactly the versatile 6-foot, 180-pound defensive back will fit into the secondary is not yet clear. But “Smurph” certainly adds a strong nickname to the room.

QB Drew Gunther: A preferred walk-on from Ryan Nassib’s alma mater, Gunther was previously pledged to Virginia Tech. He’ll provide depth for a quarterback room that includes Tommy DeVito, Clayton Welch, Rex Culpepper and fellow freshman David Summers.

DE Steve Linton: The rangy edge rusher from Georgia chose Syracuse on National Signing Day over other finalists Missouri, South Florida and Arizona State.

LS Michael Midkiff: A preferred walk-on from Colorado, Midkiff will provide depth to sophomore Aaron Bolinsky.

DL Jason Munoz: The Florida defensive lineman initially signed with Miami last December. Then Mark Richt stepped down as UM’s head coach and the school released Munoz from his agreement. Munoz inked with the Orange in February.

DB Cornelius Nunn: One of the highest-rated players in the Orange’s signing class, Nunn had a rollercoaster of a recruitment. He committed to SU first, then flipped to Miami, then returned to Syracuse. Nunn is a candidate to play right away despite joining a loaded secondary.

DL Joe Rondi: A defensive tackle from New Jersey, Rondi was the second player to commit to Syracuse’s Class of 2019.

WR Nate Wellington: A preferred walk-on from nearby Skaneateles High School, Wellington can thank his coach -- Joe Sindoni -- for getting him a look at SU. Sindoni lives across the street from Orange defensive coordinator Brian Ward.

DB Garrett Williams: The cover man from North Carolina rounds out Syracuse’s Summer Session II enrollees.

The Orange has officially added all but one of its signees from the Class of 2019. Only defensive end Ishmael Goulbourne has yet to enroll.

Who are we still waiting on? Are both of the stud 4* LB’s here now?

Cisco wearing #7 is going to give me Jason Poles flashbacks, especially with the new unis. Poles actually works in the SUAD. Elmore is going to look hilarious wearing #5 & I can’t think of a better # than #1 for Riley.

View attachment 167469

Jason is one the west coast now. Still working in development but representing the university as a whole rather than strictly the AD I believe.

and even more timeless.

for the 19th straight summer, this album will be played 25 or more times easily.

It's a classic, but gun to my head I pick:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom