Now that wasn't so hard, was it? | Syracusefan.com

Now that wasn't so hard, was it?

This exact W-L outcome had to be among the 2-3 most likely outcomes from this season. Maybe you swap a L from Wake with the W from NC State or Purdue, but its about right. How we got here was incredibly frustrating, but the results are about right.

This exact W-L outcome had to be among the 2-3 most likely outcomes from this season. Maybe you swap a L from Wake with the W from NC State or Purdue, but its about right. How we got here was incredibly frustrating, but the results are about right.
Man I think if you are going off preseason expectations, I don’t think there were a ton a fans thinking we would get even 5 wins. There was a ton of pessimism. I think 7 wins and then 8 for a bowl win would have to be considered pretty good and above most peoples preseason expectations.

Man I think if you are going off preseason expectations, I don’t think there were a ton a fans thinking we would get even 5 wins. There was a ton of pessimism. I think 7 wins and then 8 for a bowl win would have to be considered pretty good and above most peoples preseason expectations.

Yea im a huge dino supporter and even I didnt think 7-5 was likely, I was praying for 6-6.

Yeah.

I felt good about being ranked at the time because I felt our performance then did merit it.

But I didn't think we were really a Top 25 team. Especially as guys were getting hurt.

To have a winning season we needed to show we would beat the teams that weren't as good as us, beat the peer teams, and hopefully sneak a win against a team that's better than us.

I think overall we did that, the season results were just lumpy.

My personal minimum for this year was a winning regular season. It was pretty ugly at times, both tonight and many times during the season, but congrats on that 7th victory. Let's get #8 in the bowl game!
How many close games have we lost over the years, and at the end of the season had the only ifs. This year we won those same close games. Too many complained that they were too close. But those are the games that really, really count in the end.

Yeah.

I felt good about being ranked at the time because I felt our performance then did merit it.

But I didn't think we were really a Top 25 team. Especially as guys were getting hurt.

To have a winning season we needed to show we would beat the teams that weren't as good as us, beat the peer teams, and hopefully sneak a win against a team that's better than us.

I think overall we did that, the season results were just lumpy.
I think we were a top 25 team on opening night, then two major injuries that night started the avalanche of injuries and here we are. Solid season all things considered

That's how I feel., I predicted 5-7 so it would be disingenuous to say I'm not pretty happy with the season and I'm fine with retaining Dino.

Now am I confident that Dino is the guy that can get us the 6-8 wins on a consistent basis that I feel is a reasonable goal for this program? No I'm not there yet. I'd like to see us build off this next season.

That's how I feel., I predicted 5-7 so it would be disingenuous to say I'm not pretty happy with the season and I'm fine with retaining Dino.

Now am I confident that Dino is the guy that can get us the 6-8 wins on a consistent basis that I feel is a reasonable goal for this program? No I'm not there yet. I'd like to see us build off this next season.
Yup, I've been banging the drum for a while that an individual season result matters less than stringing together consecutive bowl appearances.

Agreed. We have some really nice pieces joining next year with Sellers (QB of future), Perry (Dline Brick Schithouse of the future) and Ike Daniels I believe who is a good looking RB. I would feel a ton better if we could find some upgrades for the Oline. That to me is critical. I think our DBs look really good as do our LBs and Dline for next year. Our schedule favors us next year as well.

Yup, I've been banging the drum for a while that an individual season result matters less than stringing together consecutive bowl appearances.

Yup. This, 144%.

And you can’t string consecutive winning seasons if you don’t get the first one done.

While it was disappointing during that 5.75 game slide (we really ‘only’ won the 4th quarter vs BC - but did it BIGLY!!), we were right there @ Clemson, and in several others.

But, more importantly -
We were ranked for several weeks straight.
Beat another ranked team.
Were ranked in the Playoff rankings for what I believe was the first time ever.
And faced NINE bowl teams and acquitted ourselves very well, in spite of the insane rash of injuries & absurd penalties.

And a LOT of young dudes were forced to grow up quickly, which will benefit us in future seasons.

So - there were and are a LOT of positives to take away from 2022, and it ain’t over yet!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom