Nunes(Noel):Syracuse is the hot chick that you take home after kicking her BF in the balls | Syracusefan.com

Nunes(Noel):Syracuse is the hot chick that you take home after kicking her BF in the balls

There's some really clever, vivid imagination and imagery going on here but I like it...

Someone suggested red shirting Coleman. What? The. Efffffff. What kind of amatuer fans are over there. Has any school ever redshirted a mcd's all American? And one who lead the game in rebounds? I must find, then fight that dude.

This thread has sourshoes written all over it.

It's hard to imagine Noel being worried about starting wherever he went. His asking about Fab is interesting, though. I still think he would be the '4' and Coleman the '5' here because covering the permimeter is more important than having your shot-blocker in the middle of the zone. Coleman needs to live in the paint and you can block shots as a forward, as Hak and Wes did.

Someone suggested red shirting Coleman. What? The. Efffffff. What kind of amatuer fans are over there. Has any school ever redshirted a mcd's all American? And one who lead the game in rebounds? I must find, then fight that dude.
the youngest Plumlee was a MDAA and redshirted this year at Duke.

It's hard to imagine Noel being worried about starting whereever he went. His asking aobut Fab is interesting, though. I still think he would be the '4' and Coleman the '5' here because covering the permitmeter is more imrptoant than having your shot-blocker in the middle of the zone. Coleman needs to live in the apint and you can block shots as a forward, as Hak and Wes did.
I tend to disagree. Fab was a huge defensive presence in the middle of the zone. Hadn't seen anything like it before and it helped take the D to the next level. Now I want it again and Noel is the person to bring it. This past year was a defensive team and it did quite well.

As for the perimeter, it is a weakness that can be covered or at least minimized. RJ played for a while out there during his beefy Junior year and all through his Senior season. I think having DC2 take a similar role would be more beneficial. Then have JB do the liberal substitution patterns where DC2 gets minutes the way RJ did his junior year, split between the 4 and the backup 5 depending on matchups.

In another thread people talked about talent levels. No one mentioned SU as drawing in great centers, because it so rarely happens. Seikaly was a home grown foreigner. We just had our first McD center and he got BE DPOY. Now use the second in a similar capacity and start a pipeline.

It's hard to imagine Noel being worried about starting whereever he went. His asking aobut Fab is interesting, though. I still think he would be the '4' and Coleman the '5' here because covering the permitmeter is more imrptoant than having your shot-blocker in the middle of the zone. Coleman needs to live in the apint and you can block shots as a forward, as Hak and Wes did.
I believe Noel should start at the 5 and Coleman can slide over during substitutions... Coleman is a rebounder first, so we need him on the floor... The way this plays out (without considering foul trouble), Coleman subs at first media timeout and Rak comes in... 2-3 minutes later, Coleman comes in at 5 and Noel sits.. When Noel returns, start the process over again..

Lineup w/NN(with positioning)..
Front of zone - MCW/BT
Back of zone - CJ/NN/DC2
Bench - Rak/Dirty/Cooney/Keita or Grant

Lineup w/o NN (with positioning)..
Front of zone - MCW/BT
Back of zone - CJ/DC2/Rak
Bench - Dirty/Cooney/Keita/Grant

w/ Noel - We're top 10 preseason
w/o Noel - We're top 15 preseason.

Really had to reach back in time for that one.
He was an AA because he was going to Duke, and he was going to Duke because of his last name.

I believe Noel should start at the 5 and Coleman can slide over during substitutions... Coleman is a rebounder first, so we need him on the floor... The way this plays out (without considering foul trouble), Coleman subs at first media timeout and Rak comes in... 2-3 minutes later, Coleman comes in at 5 and Noel sits.. When Noel returns, start the process over again..

Lineup w/NN(with positioning)..
Front of zone - MCW/BT
Back of zone - CJ/NN/DC2
Bench - Rak/Dirty/Cooney/Keita or Grant

Lineup w/o NN (with positioning)..
Front of zone - MCW/BT
Back of zone - CJ/DC2/Rak
Bench - Dirty/Cooney/Keita/Grant

w/ Noel - We're top 10 preseason
w/o Noel - We're top 15 preseason.
DC will not play the 4. That would be a disaster defensively.

If we land Noel, we're top 5 preseason.

Really had to reach back in time for that one.
I found that humorous.

More to your point though, no way is DC2 being redshirted. That's just crazy talk. The hope is DC2 will bring some post O our way as early as next year.

The only RS talk that opens up with NN on board would be BMK. That kind of gets a delayed secondary benefit out of the NN commitment. A stronger, more mature BMK down the line. He would seem like the only one open to such a suggestion. It takes a sacrafice.

I hope it could work out the same way I anticipate a good ending from the Cooney RS. The unexpected Scoop/Dion return not only gave us the depth of guards this year but the delayed benefit of extending the benefits of Cooney into the future. The sacrafice of the RS will only help in making Cooney a big time fan favorite for years to come. He gets the 3rd guard minutes this year, then it looks like 3 years of manning the starting 2 guard slot, that would be huge.

I hope it could work out the same way I anticipate a good ending from the Cooney RS. The unexpected Scoop/Dion return not only gave us the depth of guards this year but the delayed benefit of extending the benefits of Cooney into the future. The sacrafice of the RS will only help in making Cooney a big time fan favorite for years to come. He gets the 3rd guard minutes this year, then it looks like 3 years of manning the starting 2 guard slot, that would be huge.

Agreed on the Cooney redshirt. Next year, he'll play a significant role [at least 15-20 minutes per game], and then be in a position to start three years. Major contributor throughout his entire career, and the extra year of physical development / practice time will only help him.

If he's played last season, he would have been the fifth guard in what was primarily a 3 guard rotation. Then he would have played a bigger role as a sophomore, then be in a position to be a two-year starter.

It was a great strategic redshirt--not a reflection of Cooney's ability at all.

Not sure why you guys don't think DC can play the four, he looked agile enough to me to play the wing and that's without being in a D1 conditioning program. I think he would play the wing more effectively than NN. IMO NN is a pure center but i guess we will see.

Not that I'd think that would ever happen...

But then again, we didn't start our best player on the team once this year...

Am I the only one who sensed sarcasm from NN with the 'Is Fab going pro?' He had obviously been tweeted from a hundred fans about his opening and throws that tweet out there. We've known Fab was going pro since, what, December?

We're top 3-5 with Nerlens. I see a team like Indiana #1 in these polls. Are you kidding me? Nice team but very little chance of matching up with our front line if we had NN. College hoops is very down if Indiana/Louisville are consensus favorites. We might not be #1 but I don't think it would take very long before people realized that we were the best team.

Not sure why you guys don't think DC can play the four, he looked agile enough to me to play the wing and that's without being in a D1 conditioning program. I think he would play the wing more effectively than NN. IMO NN is a pure center but i guess we will see.
Because if Rak had trouble closing out, I can't imagine a 280 lb man trying to close out on a guy taking a 3. We need better athleticism there. Our wing defense was meh when Rick was playing the 4, It would be even worse with DC.

Agreed on the Cooney redshirt. Next year, he'll play a significant role [at least 15-20 minutes per game], and then be in a position to start three years. Major contributor throughout his entire career, and the extra year of physical development / practice time will only help him.

If he's played last season, he would have been the fifth guard in what was primarily a 3 guard rotation. Then he would have played a bigger role as a sophomore, then be in a position to be a two-year starter.

It was a great strategic redshirt--not a reflection of Cooney's ability at all.
And I think what can be lost in that is the sacrafice it took. It had to be difficult. It takes a special player/person to do that. That's why I find it difficult to comprehend the talk to RS someone like Grant (let's forget the crazy talk of DC2). It is just such a rare occurence and a hard sacrafice. There are a lot of players where it could make great strategic sense to do it, but you just don't suggest it (like Grant).

I do think that BMK could have the personal makeup to consider the RS though. That's what makes it intriging with him. He seems to have the personality to be able to consider it. And it has not only team strategic value, but also value to him as a player. An extra year of strength training and hopefully nutritional help and it could really help him.

It would be great to see these good recruiting years help extend the life of the developing players. Kind of a hidden benefit.

I disagree on top 5... who do we replace? I have Indiana/Louisville/Michigan/Fla/Baylor (if they have their returnees) in no particular order.. Argument can be made, but I have a hard time believing we'd be higher than any of the above preseason.

Edit: I also don't understand why we would be a disaster with DC2 at the four. Rick played there before losing all the weight and I think DC2 would play similar.