NY Times - Live versus TV | Syracusefan.com

NY Times - Live versus TV

chakka3421

All Conference
How do you keep football fans as regular visitors to stadiums when the television coverage of every play is so good?

For the Giants and the Jets, the answer, perhaps surprisingly, is more and better video than people can get at home. This season, the New Meadowlands Stadium will offer fans free smart-phone applications that they can glance at to see video replays, updated statistics and live video from other games — and that will work only inside a stadium.

Over the next few years, stadium officials say, the applications will provide fans with statistics on the speed of players and the ball, and fantasy games that will allow them to pick players and compete against other fans.

A real-life game no longer seems to be enough.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/29/sports/football/29stadium.html

I prefer being there. The crowd, atmosphere, everything is better being there. That's my opinion, I certainly understand the other view. But there's something special about being there.

no matter what tv says there are things happening at the game that never show up in the replays.. they only have so many cameras.. the flip side is most people dont know to look for that stuff so it doesnt matter cause they dont miss it..

I agree you can make the experience at the game better , SU has no clue on this and has told me they flat out dont care in emails..

Also the coverage of NFL games is way better than almost every SU game so that argument is moot anyway.