NYC BIG 3 | Syracusefan.com

NYC BIG 3

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
I gotta think we might hit the trifecta this year with Smith, Edwards, and Ogundeko ... things appear to be heading in our favor.

Suddenly all of them have similar announcement dates - and will be making appearances on the hill before doing so.

Come on Coach and staff ... close

I gotta think we might hit the trifecta this year with Smith, Edwards, and Ogundeko ... things appear to be heading in our favor.

Suddenly all of them have similar announcement dates - and will be making appearances on the hill before doing so.

Come on Coach and staff ... close

1 would be what you would minimally expect. 2 would be great. 3 would be the jackpot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I just watched Smith's 2011 video. Holy crap.

I called into Bill King's show on XM this morning and JC Sherburne said that Smith and Edwards were leaning to us, while Ogundeko was a toss up.

BTW... Sherburne loves the commitments we have so far, particularly Williams, Hodge, and Allen...

I just watched Smith's 2011 video. Holy crap.
against crappy NYC high schools but he definitely looks good.

In order, I'd rather SU gets 1. Ogundeko 2. Edwards 3. Smith

Losing him wouldn't be as big as the other 2.

Is Ogendeko on the same level as Ishaq and Easley were? Not that either has been stellar thus far in college but will Ogendeko be regarded as at the same level prospect wise? Or a notch below?

Is Ogendeko on the same level as Ishaq and Easley were? Not that either has been stellar thus far in college but will Ogendeko be regarded as at the same level prospect wise? Or a notch below?
He has the same offer list pretty much if not better.

sounds very promising. Still not sure about Ogundeko. I dont blame him for wanting to go to ND or FL

Doug and Anselmo are selling the $#!^ out of SU to the NYC kids. They're doing exactly what they said they would, and he seems to be doing such a good job with it. I don't think there is a sect of kids that are more proud of their hometown (read: homecity) than NYC kids. The opportunity to represent NYC and play for a native really plays in line with how the majority of kids from there personally feel about NY.

Would be tremendous to get 2 of 3, lights out to land all 3.

sounds very promising. Still not sure about Ogundeko. I dont blame him for wanting to got to ND or FL

From what I can determine, and there is always some manipulation of the numbers, is that right now ND has 8 more spots open and Fl 6. A lot can change numberwise before 7/20.

I'd feel even better if Edwards made one more trip to Syracuse...maybe he'll come up again with EO.

I'd feel even better if Edwards made one more trip to Syracuse...maybe he'll come up again with EO.

Has he visited any of the other schools? I thought this comment in the article was interesting.

"While coaches will almost certainly keep calling him leading up until National Signing Day in early February, Edwards will have his decisions by July 10 and won’t change it.
“I feel like my mind is pretty much made up,” Edwards said. “I’m not going back.”

Has he visited any of the other schools?
"[He]has only visited Syracuse of his four finalists, but plans to see two of the others before July 10."
I guess we can totally discount the 4th he doesn't visit?

“I feel like my mind is pretty much made up,” Edwards said. “I’m not going back.”

yep - when I saw that quote I figured he's already decided and I assume it's us. Buf if he visits those other schools then anything can happen. That's why I'd like to see him get back up to Syracuse one more time.

And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that EO gets back up here to like he said he was going to do. That's a HUGE positive if he takes that second trip back to see Syracuse.

"[He]has only visited Syracuse of his four finalists, but plans to see two of the others before July 10."
I guess we can totally discount the 4th he doesn't visit?

Let me guess. He plans on visiting MD and UVA but not NC State.