Nykeim Johnson | Syracusefan.com

Nykeim Johnson

Orangtiz

Starter
Really liked what I saw out of him last season, and was looking forward to what he would do with Tommy this season. But he has been really bad. He's undersized, but doesnt look as shifty or quick in the open field as he did last season. I know he had the ankle injury, but we could really use him as a slot guy who works the flat, or a bubble screen guy, or a deep ball threat. He has been none of those. 10 receptions, 13 yards throught four games. 4!!!!! That is awful. If you told me that Luke Benson would have double the yards than Nykeim after 4 games, I would have thought you were crazy. Heard a lot about true freshman Courtney Jackson, not sure if hes even seen a snap thus far.

Last season with Devin Butler struggling, Taj got his chance against an FCS opponent. Maybe it's Courtney Jackson's chance this weekend.

It’s tough to assess WRs to this point , we still haven’t had much time for routes to develop.
He was open deep in the MD game fir a TD and TD over threw him . We saw Nykeim do it last year so i have confidence in him . Numbers will surely go up . I would like to see some shorter crossing routes as our smaller WRs would benefit from that . Also kudos to Dino/ lynch they adjusted and got creative in a week hoping the bye week gives us even more diversity.

It’s tough to assess WRs to this point , we still haven’t had much time for routes to develop.
He was open deep in the MD game fir a TD and TD over threw him . We saw Nykeim do it last year so i have confidence in him . Numbers will surely go up . I would like to see some shorter crossing routes as our smaller WRs would benefit from that . Also kudos to Dino/ lynch they adjusted and got creative in a week hoping the bye week gives us even more diversity.
Why in the hell would we not run them routes as they would give td a chance for hot reads. We just started doing that this week as u said and it kills me. Why not at Maryland and Clemson games. I am not becoming a lynch fan so far. Also Td running now helps us so much. I don’t want him hurt but that opens us up for more first downs and spreads out field a bit more. He looked good the other day.

Why in the hell would we not run them routes as they would give td a chance for hot reads. We just started doing that this week as u said and it kills me. Why not at Maryland and Clemson games. I am not becoming a lynch fan so far. Also Td running now helps us so much. I don’t want him hurt but that opens us up for more first downs and spreads out field a bit more. He looked good the other day.
Also forgot, why is it we only run trap plays up middle and not 4 or 6 hole. Our best runs were the Rb bouncing it outside or Td. I don’t understand it. One more question do we not run slants in this offense at all or what. We are getting killed by it but we don’t use it. I hope u can shed some light.

Hoping to see Courtney Jackson, Anthony Queeley and Cooper Lutz get some reps at wide out and slot. Developing experienced depth is always important. Go Orange!!!!!!

I think it's pretty clear to see that he has not been 100% this year, lets wait a few more games before we pass judgment on a kid who was pretty damn good last year and a very solid contributor. In addition the more attention Jackson draws it will benefit others as well.

I am more concerned when Heckel actually comes back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom