O Line Needs | Syracusefan.com

O Line Needs

LeMoyneCuse

All American
I know this has been touched on before, but I'd like to address it again.

With graduations and possibly Pugh going pro, we're looking at 9 scholarship linemen come spring practice. That's before injuries are taken into account. We currently have zero OLine commits for 2013.

Shawn Curtis out of Orlando is listed as a Tackle. He's coming up for an official, so we hear.

Alex Officer out of Rochester is a possibility at Guard.

After that, has anyone heard anything? We really need at least 3 HS guys to fill the gap, plus a JUCO player to take care of some glaring depth concerns.

And are there any local OLine prospects around Syracuse? It's not a Marrone recruiting class without a lineman from CBA or Bville.

With graduations and possibly Pugh going pro, we're looking at 9 scholarship linemen come spring practice. That's before injuries are taken into account. We currently have zero OLine commits for 2013.

Shawn Curtis out of Orlando is listed as a Tackle. He's coming up for an official, so we hear.

After that, has anyone heard anything? We really need at least 3 HS guys to fill the gap, plus a JUCO player to take care of some glaring depth concerns.

And are there any local OLine prospects around Syracuse? It's not a Marrone recruiting class without a lineman from CBA or Bville.
I seriously doubt Pugh is turning pro after this season - much more likely he returns for his final season and SU's first year in the ACC.

Hopefully this. for starters:

http://syracusefan.com/threads/recruiting.31844/#post-354260

We clearly need two OT types and one OG.

Officer is a huge priority. Curtis would be huge, as well, given team need. Unfortunately, the databases don't have complete information on who we might be recruiting, so it is hard to know who we are going after. We lost out on a lot of good players; doesn't mean that there aren't more out there that we're involved with.

We clearly need two OT types and one OG.

Officer is a huge priority. Curtis would be huge, as well, given team need. Unfortunately, the databases don't have complete information on who we might be recruiting, so it is hard to know who we are going after. We lost out on a lot of good players; doesn't mean that there aren't more out there that we're involved with.
Or that we have lost out, necessarily. If we end up 7-5 or better and look like we are clearly on the upswing, we might get back in play with some guys.