Oats | Syracusefan.com

Oats

I don’t think the extension matters all that much as you see coaches sign extensions and still leave for other jobs. The bigger thing here is the salary increase. If we want someone like Oats we need to be ready to pay competitive salaries. Hopefully Wildhack is ready to do that.

1613688785298.png

Boeheim then Autry then whoever is the hot young coach at the time. Oats will be established somewhere by then.

Boeheim then Autry then whoever is the hot young coach at the time. Oats will be established somewhere by then.
That would be thinking small, and frankly a horrible strategy. given the state of the programme, a fresh start is needed, then that's what wildhack will pursue.

There is literally no evaluative criteria that would position Red as the most qualified candidate to get the job. this is a performance-based profession, not a lifetime achievement award. It's ridiculous that people keep floating him as a viable candidate.

Especially in light of the steady decline into mediocrity our program has experienced over the past few years. And people think the solution is to limit the job search only to in-house candidates? It's absurd.

Last edited:
That would be thinking small, and frankly a horrible strategy. given the suit of the programme, a fresh start is needed, then that's what wildhack will pursue.

There is literally no evaluative criteria that would position Red as the most qualified candidate to get the job. this is a performance-based profession, not a lifetime achievement award. It's ridiculous that people keep floating him as a viable candidate.
In my mind, I picture you saying this wearing a monocle and with your pinky raised. ;)

That would be thinking small, and frankly a horrible strategy. given the state of the programme, a fresh start is needed, then that's what wildhack will pursue.

Especially in light of the steady decline into mediocrity our program has experienced over the past few years. And people think the solution is to limit the job search only to in-house candidates? It's absurd.

Autry might not be the best candidate. I'm just saying that is how it's usually done and that the next outsider won't be the current hot young coach but some one who is the hot young coach then.

Thoughts/comments on UW board imply Hop and his family live Seattle area and have no desire to go back to Syracuse. That’s from posters/moderators with godd track records of information.

Hopkins is next HC. we still doing this?
Boeheim is making this call because he was Telegraph the exit so
It happens so.