Obi-Wan Kenobi | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Obi-Wan Kenobi

I feel like I’m watching out of obligation because it’s Star Wars content.

But between this, Stranger things 4 and The Boys this is pulling up the rear.
Just wait until House of the Dragon comes in August, then Ring of Power in September

Glorious time to be a man

I enjoyed Mando and Boba Fett.

I have young kids (under 10) and I screened both Mando and Boba Fett before letting my kids watch. I found most of those episodes okay; maybe a few dark or violent scenes but nothing over the top.

Obi Wan episode 5 was the first time I rolled the dice and decided to watch with the kids rather than preview first. Up to that point I thought the kidnapping Leia plotline was slightly dark but done reasonably well.

I regret that decision and the side-eye I kept getting from my wife only reinforced my mistake.

The repeated flashbacks of kids being killed (Order 66) and showing dead kids' bodies was gratuitous for me.

Setting my poor parenting choice aside, this series has been mostly "meh." I was hoping for a better cat & mouse between Vader and Obi Wan; similar to what they finally got around to in episode 5.

And they waited too long to reveal Reva's additional layers of complexity as a survivor of Order 66.

My buddy, whose favorite movie is ROTS, declared it was the greatest 30’ of media ever created. He’s in awe.

My buddy, whose favorite movie is ROTS, declared it was the greatest 30’ of media ever created. He’s in awe.
Golden State Warriors No GIF by NBA

Enjoyed the final two episodes.

Rogue One and this series did a lot to expand on Darth Vader's capabilities compared to the original trilogy.

Series was enjoyable overall, but left me with some questions about why Darth / the Emperor never came after Kenobi between how this ended and Episode IV.

But in terms of this show in and of itself -- it was probably the Star Wars Disney+ series that I looked forward to the least going in, but enjoyed the most.

Ewan MacGregor is a fantastic actor -- was cool to see him reprise this role.

Last edited:
Enjoyed the final two episodes.

Rogue One and this series did a lot to expand on Darth Vader's capabilities compared to the original trilogy.

Series was enjoyable overall, but left me with some questions about why Darth / the Emperor never came after Kenobi between how this ended and Episode IV.

But in terms of this show in and of itself -- it was probably the Star Wars Disney+ series that I looked forward to the least going in, but enjoyed the most.

Ewan MacGregor is a fantastic actor -- was cool to see him reprise this role.
So, Vader lost abilities over time?

the questions you have would occur if the writers/show runners don’t know/didn’t care about fitting into the continuity of the story

So, Vader lost abilities over time?

the questions you have would occur if the writers/show runners don’t know/didn’t care about fitting into the continuity of the story

Nah, more like they reconceived what Jedi / Sith could do after the original trilogy. So the Vader we saw in the original three films didn't do a lot of the stuff that they were shown to be able to do in the prequel trilogy, or in the follow-up content.

Rouge One Vader [for example] was like a force of nature -- way different than how he was shown in Episode IV, where he and Kinobi basically fenced during their battle on the Death Star. I'm just saying that the way he was used in both Rogue One and Obi Wan was an expansion of what we saw in the original trilogy.

My question was about how things left off with Vader / Obi Wan. I get that the Emperor manipulated Vader into dropping it, but I have difficulty wrapping my head around Kinobi beating him in combat, disfiguring him, then beating him a second time in the show, and then Vader letting him walk and not trying to track him down to exact revenge. There was a brief segment in this last episode where the Emperor seemed to dissuade Vader from going after Kinobi -- didn't make sense to me, given that I'd expect BOTH of them to want to take out a powerful Jedi

I think this was set up for a second season which will primarily focus on Obiwan and Vader and less so on some of the side characters.

I think this was set up for a second season which will primarily focus on Obiwan and Vader and less so on some of the side characters.

Agreed. Felt like this season was 3 episodes of the Leia Organa show. Just wanted all Obi-Wan. Fingers crossed for a season 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom