Observations | Syracusefan.com

Observations

florange44

Scout Team
Some observations that I haven’t seen after a great win. Go Orange!

1) I am fortunate that Miami and FSU are in the league. Easy to get these ACC regional games in Florida.
2) Coley is a big upgrade over Hanna and Greenwood.
3) I want to see that Statue of Liberty type play that we fumbled in the VT game used every week. That was wide open then and will be every time.
4) Why don’t we use crossing routes as much as everyone else does?
5) I believe Benson has beeen targeted once each of the last 2 games. More than zero but still not enough.
6) Shrader will come out of this bye week looking like a new QB. He needs healing time.
7) This bye week in Week 10 is ridiculous. Since we can’t trust the ACC to do us right, we need to make sure we have a bye week in week4 every year. We control that week’s schedule.
8) How was there no holding calls on either team this week? these games are reffed completely different week to week. I saw several obvious holds against BC and I’mq Sure we had some too.
9) I think I saw Wax walking on the sideline after the injury. Maybe not so bad?
10) I don’t understand how BC didn’t give the ball to Flowers on several reverses this game. He was their only weapon.
11) We are gonna need xfers in at DL, and WR. Might be hard to get a WR to come here with Shrader.
12). Devito and Harris are like the beautiful girl you Are dating but you realize she has limited brain (DV) and no soul (Taj). They aren’t the ONE but they look soooo good. Who hasn’t held on too long in that situation?

Florange44

Some observations that I haven’t seen after a great win. Go Orange!

7) This bye week in Week 10 is ridiculous. Since we can’t trust the ACC to do us right, we need to make sure we have a bye week in week4 every year. We control that week’s schedule.

Instead of playing 9 straight games before getting a bye, you'd rather play 9 straight games after the bye?

Instead of playing 9 straight games before getting a bye, you'd rather play 9 straight games after the bye?
No the ACC gives you a bye in the conference schedule. I’d rather start a week early and have a bye in week 3 or 4 plus the conference bye in a later week. I’m pretty sure it works that way.
Florange44

No the ACC gives you a bye in the conference schedule. I’d rather start a week early and have a bye in week 3 or 4 plus the conference bye in a later week. I’m pretty sure it works that way.
Florange44

You have 13 weeks to play 12 games. There are 13 Saturdays between Labor Day weekend and Thanksgiving weekend.

However, every once in a while when Labor Day falls on either Sept 1 or 2 you get 14 Saturdays within the window, so everyone gets two bye weeks. It last happened in 2019, 2014, 2013, and 2008.

Won't happen again until 2024.

Florange44
No. If you don't fill the early date with an OOC game, the ACC can put a conference game there. Some teams have opened the season with a conference game.

Having our bye now isn't ideal, but I'd rather have it now than early. If we didn't have to screw around early in the season figuring out our team, we could've put bad teams away early and sat our starters to keep then fresh and healthy. That's what we need to do next year.

Actually works out great to have the bye week now, coming off two wins. The board will have a positive tone for 2 weeks. Biggest need for an off week to heal is now, before the final push.

if the bye week was before VaTech, this board would have been a hot mess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom