Oddly, this was probably Dino's worst game management | Syracusefan.com

Oddly, this was probably Dino's worst game management

dasher

Living Legend
game of the season. the end of the first half could be required viewing in coaches school. And please explain to me ...
why we didn't go for 2 at the end of the game. Last I checked, and I could be wrong, there are no 5 pt plays in football.

I can only think because Shrader was dinged up.

Absolutely huge win. But look, that first half close still exists. Props for winning this tough game but we again outgained them handily, had no turnovers, and it came to that.

game of the season. the end of the first half could be required viewing in coaches school. And please explain to me ...
why we didn't go for 2 at the end of the game. Last I checked, and I could be wrong, there are no 5 pt plays in football.
Who is the QB?

Maybe we can just enjoy the win for 24 hours before we start bitching about Babers? Hmm? Maybe? You think we can manage that?
No. And for good reason. His game management put us in a dire position. You can choose to ignore that. I understand. It is great to win for a change. But something has to change or we will be on the short side of this too many more times.

Agreed, I was furious with him. Felt we were unprepared for this game as well. And the going for it in our own end with that much time left was a slap in the face to our D, not to mention reckless. So glad we stole this one though.

He was flat on his back, he probably wasn’t able to come in the game
After the TD? As I mentioned, my luck, my dvr expired right before our td. When I switched over, we had scored. That is the type of football season I am having. Still, I would put you in at qb and run before I would kick the extra pt. It didn't help us at all.

Maybe we can just enjoy the win for 24 hours before we start bitching about Babers? Hmm? Maybe? You think we can manage that?
You can do both. This wasn’t some easy walk away win. We won this thanks to GS’s grit and Alford making a great catch. And almost lost it cause of Dino’s halftime decisions

You can do both. This wasn’t some easy walk away win. We won this thanks to GS’s grit and Alford making a great catch. And almost lost it cause of Dino’s halftime decisions
I can't wait to see the catch. Of all the times my dvr ends, it has to be then.

He’s made mistakes but he is the coach that made the hard choice to replace his hand picked QB without that choice we are losing all these games by 10-20 points EASY

No. And for good reason. His game management put us in a dire position. You can choose to ignore that. I understand. It is great to win for a change. But something has to change or we will be on the short side of this too many more times.
It was a bad move no doubt.

But again compounded by a missed chippy and a boneheaded play by Bear to try and run with that blocked extra point.

I thought the game plan was absolutely excellent today on both sides of the ball. We had some poor player execution on two explosive VA Tech plays out of the secondary (safety was sucked in and gave up his responsibility twice).

Offense was great. Really like the development we are seeing out of the passing game.

Again, one bad decision (and potentially a player could have totally screwed that pooch by not listening, we’ll see) absolutely compounded by a missed chipped and an earlier senior boneheaded play.

Yeah, that was a great team win.

Dino definitely has to figure out how to stop blowing himself up though.

Because if it ever gets returned for 2 its a fg game. If you give up.a td in 19 seconds you should be fired anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom