Off-season to-do’s | Syracusefan.com

Off-season to-do’s

McNabb2Brominski

All Conference
Things we need to do this offseason to pave the way for a successful 2022 season:

1. Hire a good OC
2. Prevent Tony White from leaving
3. Convince Mikel Jones and Garrett Williams to not enter their names in the NFL draft
4. Pound the portal. We need: more ACC caliber Olineman, a #1 WR, depth in the secondary
5. Get Shrader a throwing coach

1. D-Line help
2. Ya can't discourage anyone from trying to get to the league. It would be nice to have both Williams and Jones back but I'm not sure that happens, and good luck to them if they go.
3. Agree on everything else.

1) We need lineman on both sides of the ball.
2) 2 quality receivers
3) ball catching tight end
4) Safeties
5) Quarterback depth
6) Three quality assistants who can recruit

These lists are an indicator why our record is what it is. We lack talent. There are just so many positions of need. We need to get lucky with the portal and pray to God we don't lose any of our top 4-5 players to portal or NFL. If we do, the cupboard is about as bare as I can recall.

1) We need lineman on both sides of the ball.
2) 2 quality receivers
3) ball catching tight end
4) Safeties
5) Quarterback depth
6) Three quality assistants who can recruit

It’s odd…

Last season it was

1) lineman on both sides
2) 1 quality receiver
3) QB depth

We’ve taken that list and now added more to it………. Yikes

Last edited:
Pray
Drink More Powers
Watch South Park
Watch bowl games without Cuse
Avoid breaking TV while watching Cuse BB
Curse fate
Break stuff
Go to confession - several times
Reread "When Things Fall Apart"
Watch the movie Unbroken
Rewatch Apocolypse Now and Pretend our FB team is the helicopter attack scene
Root against NCState and Pitt
Pray

Portal needs = 1-2 DT. 1-2 DE. 1 LB. 1 RB. 1 WR. The QB. will come from HS. I'm sure some current players might switch positions in the off season. We could sure use a healthy Josh Hough and Ja'Vontae Williams. to bolster the offense.

It’s odd…

Last season it was

1) lineman on both sides
2) 1 quality receiver
3) QB depth

We’ve taking that list and now added more to it………. Yikes

Sign of progress. We’re trending up.

Pray
Drink More Powers
Watch South Park
Watch bowl games without Cuse
Avoid breaking TV while watching Cuse BB
Curse fate
Break stuff
Go to confession - several times
Reread "When Things Fall Apart"
Watch the movie Unbroken
Rewatch Apocolypse Now and Pretend our FB team is the helicopter attack scene
Root against NCState and Pitt
Pray
List is too long…trim it down to 5.;)

I'd like to read more this offseason and also take more time for mobility and yoga. I also need to watch the Sopranos.

I'm going to try to keep it realistic:

1) Hire an OC that meshes with Shrader so they can see eye to eye. You don't start a QB, you start a QB and an OC.

2) The OL needs to find a starting five and they need to gel and stay healthy. Be functional. That's all I'm asking for.

3) Need DL help in the portal.

4) Need 1 WR from the portal.

I know we need more. The above is what I'm asking Santa for.

1) Hire an OC that meshes with Shrader so they can see eye to eye. You don't start a QB, you start a QB and an OC.

2) The OL needs to find a starting five and they need to gel and stay healthy. Be functional. That's all I'm asking for.

I think what we need is a real realistic outlook on next year and temper our expectations accordingly.

I'm going to be going into next year similar to the 2008 season where i'll watch, i'll complain, i'll get irrationally excited about particular games, but the win/loss metric is going to probably upset some. I just do not see 7-8 wins on that schedule as of now. So if we add new WR, OL help, etc. I think we need alot more.

#1 is interesting to me. I agree in the short term we need Shrader and the OC to see eye to eye, but in the future if we are playing QB's with Shrader's passing talent ... I am not sure that is a path to success.

#1 is interesting to me. I agree in the short term we need Shrader and the OC to see eye to eye, but in the future if we are playing QB's with Shrader's passing talent ... I am not sure that is a path to success.

Agreed. My assumption is that it's GS for next year. Hope he can make a jump in terms of passing.

But, again, to your overall point, we need someone that can be better at the passing game (honestly, just average) to go with running ability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom