Offensive line adjustments | Syracusefan.com

Offensive line adjustments

David332

All American
There had to have been some changes against NC State because we looked like a whole new team and Shrader was getting plenty of time.

What changed? This is a critical development as we were looking shakey before the Wagner game, and Clemson’s Dline is obviously top notch.

Not getting injuries and having the same players in there also massively helps. They’ve had 6 games worth of reps plus the bye week to gel together. The more they practice and play together the better they will get

We haven't seen a defense as good as NCSt they are one of the best we'll see all year...

We haven't seen a real good defense yet we will see how we do against (name here) they are tough.
Purdue? They seem to do a pretty good job of shutting the other team down? The issue we run into against Clemson and FSU (in the past) is they usually have such good athletes in db they play man and shut down our receivers which lets them overload the box and take away the run or just blitz all day long. Will be interesting to see if they have any respect for anyone other than OG. We need to make them pay for single coverage

Have to remember we have a QB now that is a threat to run if they don’t place a spy and ply zone

If they play zone, he has proven he can find the holes this season.

If they don’t stack the box we can slash them with runs with Tucker. If they stack the box, go back to Shrader being surgical against the zone

the issue so far is that teams dont have to stack the box most of the time to slow down the running game.. the fact we run inside zone/dive plays but game 6 we have had like 3-4 actually work well shows our real struggle.. Clem DTs are gonna be an issue all night running the ball.

Did we run counters vs NCSt? I think Tuckers big run on the first drive was a counter? But yes, still not having much running success outside of a few chunk plays. Guessing That’s partly because teams don’t have to respect our wideouts except for #19. I honestly don’t know why they even bother to cover the other guys.

Did we run counters vs NCSt? I think Tuckers big run on the first drive was a counter? But yes, still not having much running success outside of a few chunk plays. Guessing That’s partly because teams don’t have to respect our wideouts except for #19. I honestly don’t know why they even bother to cover the other guys.
I rewatched. Was not a counter.

NCSt was very passive, it was weird
I watched a few NC State fan podcasts since the game. Their fans are convinced Doeren is coaching not to lose every game this year instead of coaching to win.

Outside zone, stretch, and read option are the keys to success for our ground game. We just don't have enough athleticism and talent inside to run trap and dive to the same success we did last year. Servais was a huge part of that it seems.

I watched a few NC State fan podcasts since the game. Their fans are convinced Doeren is coaching not to lose every game this year instead of coaching to win.
I said in another thread he looked and sounded to me like a coach on the hot seat in his Monday presser before the game. Someone replied he is always like that … maybe, but I’ve seen him before with a lot more energy and interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom