Offensive Line | Syracusefan.com

Offensive Line

Think there is any more to it other than a story about a guy he coached at Nebraska?
Maybe about a guy learning and being able to play more than one position on the O Line?

And he has been tweeting tweets about a few of his former players the past few weeks.

I was right there with the torch at Cavanaugh. But it does seem like Bergeron at RT and moving Vet to center changed everything.

I was right there with the torch at Cavanaugh. But it does seem like Bergeron at RT and moving Vet to center changed everything.

Speculation on my part - but my opinion on Cav would be different if we found out Dino wanted to keep Servais at C and Vet at tackle - and Cav was pushing for a change. I think the argument could be seen both ways and think the reports of Vet's issues with snapping are a big deal. But the OL after the change (albeit against worse DL) was noticeable.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I love our O-line heading into next season. I think it will be a major strength and I really think the offense as a whole has a very, very good season.
I’m more worried about the Defense Front 7 and the DL especially than the OL right now. The last 3 games weren’t to bad for the OL. The OL “should” be better next year, I agree.

I’m more worried about the Defense Front 7 and the DL especially than the OL right now. The last 3 games weren’t to bad for the OL. The OL “should” be better next year, I agree.

Without question! I like Jonathan on the edge and think Tuazama or someone else emerges opposite him. The interior D-Line worries me. I think our LB's will be roughly the same as this year, but I really like them over the next 3 years with Jones & Kpogba there. I'm high on Jones. Kid appears to be a leader, who really gets after it.

Without question! I like Jonathan on the edge and think Tuazama or someone else emerges opposite him. The interior D-Line worries me. I think our LB's will be roughly the same as this year, but I really like them over the next 3 years with Jones & Kpogba there. I'm high on Jones. Kid appears to be a leader, who really gets after it.
Think Rhino and Bear will be outstanding this coming year.

After last year, I’m in the believe it when I see it mode for new players. We don’t have the depth to plug and play people unfortunately like many teams can.

If the premise is when V moved from tackle to center, did the line stabilize the answer is yes and would agree. If people are saying that our line is no longer an issue I will politely say you are bat $%&! crazy. (It at least sounded polite in my head ;) ). I would say our oline is still our biggest weakness going into next year. (Though not having a sure fire backup QB is a close second or player good enough to push TD). Our guys are a year older, some learned through trial by fire and I think Bergeron will be a stud and early round pick but until our line is not averaging giving up 35 sacks plus a season at the least we are going to continue to have issues. I have heard proper dedication to the offseasons S&C program can do wonders though for our 260 pound DTs, so maybe it can do the same for some of our oline. Happy Holidays everyone!

If the premise is when V moved from tackle to center, did the line stabilize the answer is yes and would agree. If people are saying that our line is no longer an issue I will politely say you are bat $%&! crazy. (It at least sounded polite in my head ;) ). I would say our oline is still our biggest weakness going into next year. (Though not having a sure fire backup QB is a close second or player good enough to push TD). Our guys are a year older, some learned through trial by fire and I think Bergeron will be a stud and early round pick but until our line is not averaging giving up 35 sacks plus a season at the least we are going to continue to have issues. I have heard proper dedication to the offseasons S&C program can do wonders though for our 260 pound DTs, so maybe it can do the same for some of our oline. Happy Holidays everyone!
The line will be a strength next year for sure. The shuffling made a night and day difference and they will only get better.

Both Dukes and Wakes defensive lines were not weak, the announcers were talking all game about how good they were supposed to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom