*Official all of our guards are inconsistent thread* | Syracusefan.com

*Official all of our guards are inconsistent thread*

Cuse117

Walk On
Just figured I'd make this in hopes that we can stop seeing "start this person" "bench this person" threads. Not that I'm rooting against him but its gonna be epicly hilarious around here if Dion goes for like 5 points and 5 turnovers on monday. O/U on the number of heads exploding around here.

That is all.

Just figured I'd make this in hopes that we can stop seeing "start this person" "bench this person" threads. Not that I'm rooting against him but its gonna be epicly hilarious around here if Dion goes for like 5 points and 5 turnovers on monday. O/U on the number of heads exploding around here.

That is all.

It doesn't take a real high basketball IQ to see the difference between Dion and Triche. Dion is just a better basketball player. Not to say he won't have his share of bad games, but he brings more to the table than Triche does. I know there's a lot of anti Dion sentiment on the board, but it's pretty clear who should get more meaningful minutes.

It doesn't take a real high basketball IQ to see the difference between Dion and Triche. Dion is just a better basketball player. Not to say he won't have his share of bad games, but he brings more to the table than Triche does. I know there's a lot of anti Dion sentiment on the board, but it's pretty clear who should get more meaningful minutes.

It's really not clear who should get more meaningful minutes... I have seen Brandon be good in big east games, something that you haven't really seen outta Dion. This is such a ridiculously dumb argument to be having at all. Does Dion prove more upside, yes no question, but thats still largely unproven potential. Is dion better taking it to the rim, clearly. That said they are basically equal in terms of their jump shooting, and Brandon is a better defender in zone and a MUCH better rebounder. They both bring a lot to the table and playing time between the 2 will be largely determined by who is hot that game. Who starts and who doesn't is really irrelevant, their minutes will be close to the same. One player is upside, one is proven... One is better on the offensive end, one is better on the defensive end. So everyone should stop arguing about who should start or who's better because they are more or less equals they just bring different things to the table.

It's really not clear who should get more meaningful minutes... I have seen Brandon be good in big east games, something that you haven't really seen outta Dion. This is such a ridiculously dumb argument to be having at all. Does Dion prove more upside, yes no question, but thats still largely unproven potential. Is dion better taking it to the rim, clearly. That said they are basically equal in terms of their jump shooting, and Brandon is a better defender in zone and a MUCH better rebounder. They both bring a lot to the table and playing time between the 2 will be largely determined by who is hot that game. Who starts and who doesn't is really irrelevant, their minutes will be close to the same. One player is upside, one is proven... One is better on the offensive end, one is better on the defensive end. So everyone should stop arguing about who should start or who's better because they are more or less equals they just bring different things to the table.

If you say so, but Triche looks terrible. Like Jake mentioned in his post this morning, the better offensive players should start the game and get our offense going out of the gate. They are not more or less equals. Not even close.

If you say so, but Triche looks terrible. Like Jake mentioned in his post this morning, the better offensive players should start the game and get our offense going out of the gate. They are not more or less equals. Not even close.

you do realize they have played 1 game right

you do realize they have played 1 game right

Thing is, I understand the game of basketball. I've seen Triche for 3 years now and I see a guard with no handle, an inconsistent jumper, an inability to beat his man off the dribble, and an almost non stop puss on his face. He has his moments sure, but anybody that claims that there equal players needs to buy a basketball book or something.

Thing is, I understand the game of basketball. I've seen Triche for 3 years now and I see a guard with no handle, an inconsistent jumper, an inability to beat his man off the dribble, and an almost non stop puss on his face. He has his moments sure, but anybody that claims that there equal players needs to buy a basketball book or something.

Can't wait to bump this thread when people are whining because dion goes cold and has a few turnovers. If Dion is so much better than triche why is a hall of fame head coach not starting him? Boeheim may be loyal to certain players, but he has never been loyal to a fault. If someone is clearly better like you claim dion is than triche he would be starting.

Can't wait to bump this thread when people are whining because dion goes cold and has a few turnovers. If Dion is so much better than triche why is a hall of fame head coach not starting him? Boeheim may be loyal to certain players, but he has never been loyal to a fault. If someone is clearly better like you claim dion is than triche he would be starting.

Triche was handed the job before he stepped on campus. I'm sure JB has his reasons. Dion could go as cold as possible, it wouldn't change the fact he's a better basketball player than Triche. I get that some don't like his attitude, but we're a better and more dynamic team with DW in the game.

Triche was handed the job before he stepped on campus. I'm sure JB has his reasons. Dion could go as cold as possible, it wouldn't change the fact he's a better basketball player than Triche. I get that some don't like his attitude, but we're a better and more dynamic team with DW in the game.

Dion is a better SCORER than triche... triche does basically everything else better.

I can't believe I even have to defend a guy in a thread where i said that playing time would largely be determined by who's hot that day...

Dion is a better SCORER than triche... triche does basically everything else better.

I don't mind good discussions and arguments with people, but I'm ending this now. You have no idea what you're talking about. DW is a better ball handler, a better scorer, better off the dribble, better at feeding people off the dribble, better at finishing at the rim. I'll give you that Triche is probably a little better shooter, but it's not by as much as you think and it certainly doesn't usually show in games. So what exactly is Triche better at? Defense maybe, but again you act like he's a superior defensive player. And I'd rather have a guy that played with a scowl on his face than a constant puss. Have a great day!

I don't mind good discussions and arguments with people, but I'm ending this now. You have no idea what you're talking about. DW is a better ball handler, a better scorer, better off the dribble, better at feeding people off the dribble, better at finishing at the rim. I'll give you that Triche is probably a little better shooter, but it's not by as much as you think and it certainly doesn't usually show in games. So what exactly is Triche better at? Defense maybe, but again you act like he's a superior defensive player. And I'd rather have a guy that played with a scowl on his face than a constant puss. Have a great day!

So you don't like triche because of how his face looks, good to know. 3/5 of the things you say hes better at are scoring related, dion has had ONE game where hes looked great feeding people off the dribble... really great sample size.

ummm...its one game...Waiters played more minutes...had less assists, scored more points...does not play defense as well...and rebounding Triche was better...so hey...can we go 10 games and may the better team player and contributer be the one who plays the most minutes...as KJ said...we got two of everything...only difference I would do...Triche PG and MCW or Dion SG...Need to see more from Scoop after game 1 to be convinced he can get this team into a half court set that is fluid...two assists and 3 TOs is not what I am looking for in a PG

So you don't like triche because of how his face looks, good to know. 3/5 of the things you say hes better at are scoring related, dion has had ONE game where hes looked great feeding people off the dribble... really great sample size.

It doesn't take much to realize who has it and who doesn't. The fact that you don't tells me all I need to know. I never said I didn't like Triche, don't put words in my mouth. I just don't think he's that great a basketball player. He always seems distant. I hope he turns things around for the sake of the team, can never have enough good players.

ummm...its one game...Waiters played more minutes...had less assists, scored more points...does not play defense as well...and rebounding Triche was better...so hey...can we go 10 games and may the better team player and contributer be the one who plays the most minutes...as KJ said...we got two of everything...only difference I would do...Triche PG and MCW or Dion SG...Need to see more from Scoop after game 1 to be convinced he can get this team into a half court set that is fluid...two assists and 3 TOs is not what I am looking for in a PG

You focus on stats a little too much, they don't tell all the story. Fab had a pretty pedestrian box score--If you can't see that he's capable of being a really good player based on his movements etc.. then there's no point continuing with his discussion. We played a garbage team, hard to gage anything based on the numbers from that game. Dion could've shot 0-23 and I could still see that he just has something. Obviously he needs a lot of work still, but he's able to do things that Triche just isn't. Not trying to knock the guy.

It doesn't take much to realize who has it and who doesn't. The fact that you don't tells me all I need to know. I never said I didn't like Triche, don't put words in my mouth. I just don't think he's that great a basketball player. He always seems distant. I hope he turns things around for the sake of the team, can never have enough good players.

Do you read anything before you respond to things? I have said in this thread already that I think Dion definetly has more upside than Triche. Yet you say I am unable to realize who "has it". It doesnt change the fact that right now, at this junction in both of their careers that although they are very dissimilar players they both bring about the same to the table, and playing time will come down to who is hot on that given day. But please continue to just write nonsense and make yourself look like you don't read things before you write.

Do you read anything before you respond to things? I have said in this thread already that I think Dion definetly has more upside than Triche. Yet you say I am unable to realize who "has it". It doesnt change the fact that right now, at this junction in both of their careers that although they are very dissimilar players they both bring about the same to the table, and playing time will come down to who is hot on that given day. But please continue to just write nonsense and make yourself look like you don't read things before you write.

Stop it. There not similar players, why can't you understand that? They actually might be polar opposites based on the way they play.

Stop it. There not similar players, why can't you understand that? They actually might be polar opposites based on the way they play.

they are very dissimilar players

another fine display of reading ability by you

they are very dissimilar players

another fine display of reading ability by you

That one I missed. But to your point that they bring about the same to the table is beyond wrong. Neither will have a much bigger box score but that's because we're not built for one guy to do that. That doesn't mean that one won't have a bigger impact on the game. Opposing defenses will have much more to worry about with Dion rather than Triche. If they tell you any differently their lying.

That one I missed. But to your point that they bring about the same to the table is beyond wrong. Neither will have a much bigger box score but that's because we're not built for one guy to do that. That doesn't mean that one won't have a bigger impact on the game. Opposing defenses will have much more to worry about with Dion rather than Triche. If they tell you any differently their lying.

This is incredible... I feel like I have to tell you the same thing 37 times in a different way every time, maybe caps will help. OF COURSE OPPOSING DEFENSES WILL HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT DION MORE, BECAUSE DION IS THE BETTER SCORER LIKE I HAVE SAID LIKE 50000000 TIMES IN THIS THREAD ALREADY. What you lose in scoring ability between between dion and brandon you gain back in being better at the top of the zone, rebounding etc etc... and lets be real here too, its not like dion is such a prolific scorer that he commands a double team or anything. Hes a very good offensive player but hes not and elite offensive player.

The caps definitely worked-great job!

Waiters was extremely active on D yesterday, hopefully a harbinger for things to come. Triche isn't the great defensive player you make him out to be, but whatever. Your argument is weak, I don't care about my guards rebounding but since your intent on it--congrats, Triche is great at following up his own misses. There's something wrong with Triche, I hope he gets over it for the better of the team. I don't care who plays better, I'm not related or have a stake in either of them. The bottom line is Waiters is the more talented player and I'd like for him to get more run with the other starters. I guess it doesn't matter who starts but rather who plays the more meaningful minutes, I just don't understand why Triche was handed the starting job from the get go.

no he isn't