Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

H

HOFCeluck

I don't want to mess up the Jalen Carey thread with this stuff, and I feel like it needs to be shared. Now some will say we aren't rivals with them anymore, and that's fair. But to that I say we have a Rutgers Dumpster Thread that's like a billion pages.

He just did a Instagram live video and started to get annoyed with Syracuse fans who kept asking how is visit went and then someone asked about playing with Tyus Battle and he abruptly ended the video.

Also stated he won't be committing anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ow, my butt!

They copied and pasted one of my posts in their Carey thread. Then they were making of my handle because they thought it was in reference to the six overtime game which makes perfect sense because my handle has the word seven in it. So I registered over there to let them know it was in reference to UConn's seven BET titles at MSG. At first some guys were cool but everything I posted came back to their only line of the AAC and we're irrelevant and blah blah blah. So I left them with a little parting gift before I got banned...[\QUOTE]

img_0970-png.24773

I can honestly say I don't care about 4>1 or how many titles Tyler Olander had. I would not trade places with UConn fan for anything. And though they would NEVER Admit the same, they have an entire message board that says otherwise.

UConn is the girl that reached her peak at 18 and was a dime until she was in her mid 20's. After a few years of standing on her high horse thinking she was better than everyone and excessive partying she's way past her prime. Now she's overweight and is 35 looking like she's going on 50.

Last edited:
Psycho-ditched girlfriend.

In fact, for those of you not around back then, we started calling the BE (which we were fortunate enough to leave) the PDGF conference. I think it was the lawsuit that spurred that name. Good call, CT

UConn had an amazing 25 year run from 1990 to 2014. syracuse had a great run in that era, too: 6 BE regular season championships, 3 BET titles, 3 Final Fours, 1 national title. but if we're honest, we'd eagerly trade our accomplishments over that quarter century for theirs. that's just reality and there's no shame in admitting that.

but I wouldn't make that trade if it meant we'd also have to trade futures. only in the most unlikely, extreme scenarios would they get an invite into a p5 conference, and that conference money is critical to all aspects of an athletic department. the difference between AAC and ACC conference money inexorably drives them further away from Syracuse. once upon a time, SU and St. Bonaventure were great rivals - and then the Big East happened. i'm betting that in a decade, we'll think of UConn like we now think of SBU

Last edited:
The reason there is guaranteed playing time for Carey is that Boeheim has absolutely failed in his PG recruiting and development. Ennis left early and he and the staff (McNamera is the guard coach) have failed to develop Frank Howard and Kaleb Joseph. They were lucky to get Gillon as a grad transfer last year. They were so convinced that Quade Green was a lock that they did not pursue another PG last year. They ended up scrambling at the end of recruiting to bring in to get Howard Washington. Seems like they are doing the same wth Carey.

I wonder where Ayala stands at Syracuse as they were trying to get him in for 2017, but he decided to stay in 2018. Ayala also wants to be a PG. Carey would be much better off with Gilbert and Akinjo as true PG and he could fill the role as a nice combo guard with PG tendancies at UConn than being a true PG at 'fuse. If Carey wants to develop skills he is much better off with Ollie and Moore and a tough man-to-man defense than McNamera and practicing against that zone. Defense gets a 6'3' guard to the league, and Boeheim's zone could kill Carey's chances.

We were "lucky" to get Gillon in the sense that we wanted him, recruited him, and got him to commit.

Also love that logic that somehow the zone is going to "kill Carey's chances" when JB has plenty of recent evidence of ability to get guards drafted. No, better to sign with the 15 year NBA journeyman who's claim to fail is getting one guy drafted (thanx LeBron!). A guy who, if we're being TOTALLY HONEST here, WOULDNT EVEN BE COACHING UCONN if it wasn't for one Amida Brimah Free Throw vs St Joe's in 2014.

I think I like this one the most so far.

The thread is hysterical. Also their comments about the greatest of the current state of their program and how great their uncertain future is while their coach in waiting left as did multiple players, is laughable

I personally believe, like, The Iraq, like, such as.

Agreed. He doesn't develop them and he hides their flaws with the zone. Do coaches, players, and the media talk about johnny Flynn, MCW, or waiters? Or do they still talk about kemba, bazz,& boat?

ITT I learn that Kemba Walker was coached up by Kevin Ollie.

And while Flynn, MCW and Waiters are bums, Carey's going to commit to UConn in part because of that darling of the Turkish basketball league, Ryan Boatright.

I can't keep up.

"I don't give a Helm's trophy what the Cuse fans think."

It's it weird that UConn fans think of our Helms titles more than I do?

UConn had an amazing 25 year run from 1990 to 2014. syracuse had a great run in that era, too: 6 BE regular season championships, 3 BET titles, 3 Final Fours, 1 national tile. but we're honest, we'd eagerly trade our accomplishments over that quarter century for theirs. that's just reality and there's no shame in admitting that.

but I wouldn't make that trade if it meant we'd also have to trade futures. only in the most unlikely, extreme scenarios would they get an invite into a p5 conference, and that conference money is critical to all aspects of an athletic department. the difference between AAC and ACC conference money inexorably drives them further away from Syracuse. once upon a time, SU and St. Bonaventure were great rivals - and then the Big East happened. i'm betting that in a decade, we'll think of UConn like we now think of SBU
We wouldn't trade our pre 1990 with them that is for sure. They were a laughing stock and want everyone to forget about that.