Who gets drafted in the first round?

• Dion and Fab

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Only Dion

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
Instead of starting 200 threads over the next 2 months, let's talk about our two 2-and-dones and professional prospects here. Latest mock draft has Dion #21 to Boston and Fab #29 to Oklahoma City.

Discuss

Another mock draft I just saw has Dion #20 to Boston and Fab #26 to Cleveland. Dion to Boston getting some legs?

Wow, another one has Dion #9 to Utah and Fab #25 to Cleveland

I think Dion will be a better NBA player than he was a college player. His attacking style is better suited for the NBA where you cannot put your hands all over the perimeter players. Kid should have shot 20 FT's against OSU, I'd have left if I was him.

If Fab puts the work in he will wind up having been a great pick by some GM. He has better measurables than pretty much every other big in the draft. He is still super raw but showed flashes of skills and abilities that most bigs never atain.

Lets add kris also, could be drafted second round and latch on somewhere

Need to add Scoop as well. He probably has just a good a shot as Joseph of sticking with an NBA team. The PG spot is very thin in the Association. Mike Bibby is still under contract folks!!

Need to add Scoop as well. He probably has just a good a shot as Joseph of sticking with an NBA team. The PG spot is very thin in the Association. Mike Bibby is still under contract folks!!

Look at the knicks right now, you cant tell me he couldnt get minutes on that team with lin injured

Fab will go 1st round based only on size, height and raw talent, can't teach a guy that. almost a too good to pass up on for the but still worried with all the baggage.

Would love to see Dion go top20, he should. this kid is a fire cracker off the bench and will draw a big fan base quick. Wherever he ends up going I expect that he would play a similar role as he did last season; The 6th man who should be the 5th man. Forever H&H (Hungry and Humble).

Do you think the fact that Dion never started a game worries any team that is considering drafting him.

i have a feeling fab will be moving up the boards in the next few months.

Do you think the fact that Dion never started a game worries any team that is considering drafting him.
Not sure it does. Dion was in the games when it mattered, when we needed to come back, when we went on runs, and went up against the other teams' best.

true. he did come in clutch when we needed it. JB's back up plan..welp down by 8 first 5 min better put Dion in.

MCW our next go to guy??

Dion Waiters

Ceiling: Monta Ellis (If Dion can improve his jump shot, he has a chance to really make a mark on the league)
Floor: Shannon Brown (Still a worthwhile bench sparkplug)

Fab Melo

Ceiling: Dan Gadzuric (journeyman center. I just can't see Fab being a force in the NBA, even if everything breaks right)
Floor: Thabeet (has the potential to be a total non factor if he doesn't have his head right)

Scoop

Ceiling: John Salmons (how the hell did he stay in the league so long??)
Floor: Never gets a sniff

KJo

Ceiling: poor man's Richard Jefferson (that would make him Carlos Delfino)
Floor: Sits on the end of someone's bench and never becomes a factor, like D Nichols

i have a feeling fab will be moving up the boards in the next few months.
His private workouts will wow teams. I guarantee he's been working on that mid-range jumper and will show it off

I would absolutely love it if Dion was on the Celtics

Stupid knicks, no first rounder...dion would be perfect, this way they wouldnt have to resign landry

I'm in the boat that says Fab has a long career. Just how productive that will be is the question. If the kid spends the next two months working out like crazy (not that he has anything else to do) he'll wow the teams who work him out. He can certainly stick around for a while being a defensive center off the bench. He has the size and athleticism they drool over...

Stupid knicks, no first rounder...dion would be perfect, this way they wouldnt have to resign landry
Yeah, would've been clutch to have the #15 pick and get Waiters. Nope, let's rent Tracy McGrady for 2 months instead :crazy:

How many games did Fab dominate in college? I can remember games where he was getting toasted by the kid on Rutgers. I just don't see long term NBA "factor" on him.

How many games did Fab dominate in college? I can remember games where he was getting toasted by the kid on Rutgers. I just don't see long term NBA "factor" on him.

I see Melo in the late first round possibly going to Miami. I think Dion will turn heads before draft day and go late lottery/mid 1st.

How high they go is very dependent on their workouts with teams. Fab could really climb if he is in shape and wows teams in workouts with his athleticism and shot blocking ability. I could also see him showing up unprepared and sinking like a rock. You never know with Fab. With Dion it could well depend on how well his outside shot is that day. That is his big question mark with NBA teams. He was not a great outside shooter (36% 3-pt). Teams place way more value on these workouts than on how the guy played all season...which is foolish IMO. I wouldn't be surprised to see Fab go between 18-24 and Dion 20-25.

Heat would be ideal for Fab. He's from Florida, he wouldn't be expected to do anything other than give 6 fouls on defense and trade body blows with other teams' centers

Yeah, would've been clutch to have the #15 pick and get Waiters. Nope, let's rent Tracy McGrady for 2 months instead :crazy:

and in retrospect, i guess having all the extra cap space in 2010 didn't really do much. allowed them to get like Ray Felton.