Official "How bad does USC beat Syracuse" Thread | Syracusefan.com

Official "How bad does USC beat Syracuse" Thread

DNABB5

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
I am usually positive, but Macky got blown up on every play. Every play. This sucks.

33 points is my answer.

Doesn't look like we have a very good football team again yet.

7-5 Ceiling.

:bang:

More likely 5-7

I am usually positive, but Macky got blown up on every play. Every play. This sucks.

I'm left wondering, is it the whole line that's terrible, or just Macky?

I don't blame him though. How many true sophomore centers are truly ready to be starters?

33 points is my answer.

7-5 Ceiling.

More likely 5-7
the good news is there's no one behind him on the depth chart - it's all Macky

My issue is, that from all we've heard macky is an athletic center who can pull on running plays... yet he's being out-quicked and out-muscled by a nose tackle, albeit a smallish one. The bigger stronger guys are just going to run him over every play.

my reign of pessimism becoming lucky continues

Bump for Game week and a 7 point win over an FCS team

Syracuse 150 yards next week, Robert Woods over 200 yards.
Can't see this team moving the ball at all against SC and can't see this team stopping Woods at all.
Could be very ugly very quickly.

33 points is my answer.

7-5 Ceiling.

More likely 5-7
I'm calling the early spread at 24.

44cuse

"USC won't win by 14 points, if they win at all."-an SU fan in the chat room after the RI game.

This thread is a joke remember when the basketball team struggled with William & Mary last year and somebody started a how bad will Michigan State destroy us thread. USC is a good team, but cmon people this team while it struggled is not GRob bad. Keep the damn faith. This game against USC will be similar to the 2009 Penn State we will lose about 28-7, but I will keep the faith and pray for a miracle.

Unless Marone is hiding something or we played a really bad game like to 50 percent of our capabilites I see us having about a 3 percent chance to win.

Thing is our team does nothing exciting. We won the game at the end today with outlet passes leading to speed and athleticism down the sidelines.

Our defense does nothing exceptionally well in the secondary, linebackers or getting to the quarterback. Our offense has one set skill throwing the ball short well. We don't have a true power runner. We had to run swing passes to get any running going outside. Every pass is either for 3 yards or for 15. Nothing in between. On top of that our punting is pretty bad. We were undisciplined with penalties today uncharectoristic of a Marrone team. We will have to wait and see.

This thread is a joke remember when the basketball team struggled with William & Mary last year and somebody started a how bad will Michigan State destroy us thread. USC is a good team, but cmon people this team while it struggled is not GRob bad. Keep the damn faith. This game against USC will be similar to the 2009 Penn State we will lose about 28-7, but I will keep the faith and pray for a miracle.
i second this..this thread serves no purpose, were 2-0 for the first time since 99..i dont care who it was against, by how much we won or how fugly it was..win and move on...if youre predicting a loss no matter the chances of it a full week ahead of time, then dont bother watching or coming around when we pull off the upset

i second this..this thread serves no purpose, were 2-0 for the first time since 99..i dont care who it was against, by how much we won or how fugly it was..win and move on...if youre predicting a loss no matter the chances of it a full week ahead of time, then dont bother watching or coming around when we pull off the upset
LOL...ok, that makes a lot of sense. Orange colored glasses much? I hardly think a little realism is against the laws of being a good fan.

44cuse

LOL...ok, that makes a lot of sense. Orange colored glasses much? I hardly think a little realism is against the laws of being a good fan.

44cuse
absolutely..this isnt the leinart/bush teams of sc past..theyre a fringe top 25 team this year..again like i said in my last post we havent been great im well aware..but predicting doom a week ahead of time is pathetic

Look ... lets face it ... VT struggled against ECU ... Wofford gave Clemson all it could handle ... Norfolk St was with WVU through the first half ... Maine gave Pitt all they could handle ... we have a plethora of reasons to be negative ... but some reasons to be positive ... just escape with the win ... minimal on the injury front ... don't give USC too much on film and rest the guys who are out for a week. I mean the OL obviously isn't as good as we all hoped but one of my biggest disappointments is the DEs ... we really haven't seen much of a pass rush without blitzing the hell out of teams ... that was supposed to be another strength that I have yet to see come to fruition ...

I hope for a competitive game and for SU to get the meaningful breaks. Anything can happen with this team. I'd like to give the coaches and players the benefit of the doubt and hope they can make a game of it. No winner is pre-determined which is why the games are played. Go SU!!

bs, mackey was not the problem, Chibane was, Harris missing his block was, URI sending three guys through the A gap was. Mackey is just becoming a convenient excuse for some of you guys.

44cuse
44cuse there is no reason to follow the team if you honestly feel we have no chance to compete. I am a realist and not an idealist, but being a good fan is calling it the way you see it. This thread is a joke how bad does USC beat Syracuse I mean were you one of the basketball fans who started the Michigan St thread after we struggled early in the season? Did you think Syracuse could beat Louisville in 2007 I mean we played awfully, but didn't lose. Numerous Division 1 teams have lost to 1-AA teams, and we didn't. USC is beating Utah 10-7 at the half and beat Minnesota 19-17 the same Minnesota team that to New Mexico St 28-21 today. I believe SC will be a 20pt favorite, but if you believe the team is going to get blown out fine, but I do not.

If Syracuse loses big, it won't be the great power of USC that subdues them. The loss will be based on the historically poor showing of Syracuse on the west coast...

That said, I don't expect a blowout. The game will be anywhere from fairly to very competetive.

44cuse there is no reason to follow the team if you honestly feel we have no chance to compete. I am a realist and not an idealist, but being a good fan is calling it the way you see it. This thread is a joke how bad does USC beat Syracuse I mean were you one of the basketball fans who started the Michigan St thread after we struggled early in the season? Did you think Syracuse could beat Louisville in 2007 I mean we played awfully, but didn't lose. Numerous Division 1 teams have lost to 1-AA teams, and we didn't. USC is beating Utah 10-7 at the half and beat Minnesota 19-17 the same Minnesota team that to New Mexico St 28-21 today. I believe SC will be a 20pt favorite, but if you believe the team is going to get blown out fine, but I do not.
dead freaking on

Far from pathetic. Has nothing to do with being negative or positive. Personally, I cannot stand the folks who blindly take the position we are going to win every game because we should be good fans.

Understanding reality is as important as anything in being a fan. If we beat USC on the road...it will be a great win. But the same sense of "we can do this" existed before UW last season as well. I was at that game and know how it went. I'll be at USC as well...

Hoping for a different outcome.

44cuse

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Lol...did you even read your own post? Did you read the thread? I can't honestly believe that you did. You yourself said the spread would be 20. I said 24...in this thread. How different are those two positions?

Ok...you are a better and more loyal fan because you think they are 4 points better. You win. Ridiculous.

44cuse

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

there is really not much that can be taken from these first two games that will give us a true read into what our game vs USC will turn out to be. My guess is that both SU and USC staffs are wondering themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom