Official Northwestern Game Thread | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Official Northwestern Game Thread

Hate to lose in any case. But the way we lost is taking years off my life.

Tough one to lose. The only takeaway from this loss is that our guys hung in there and didn't fold when NW was running away with it. I give them credit for that.

If we can only eliminate some incredibly dumb mistakes (Lyn pushing the guy when he was clearly going out of bounds, etc.) we'll win some games this year.

Keon does that crap all too often, He just lost the damn game for f0 other players. This team is altogether too undisciplined. We beat ourselves with too mnay stupid penalties and unforced errors. The staff needs to get their crap together and sit guys that keep making those stupid plays and penalties. DM has to demand better than that.

I guess we'll just have to start the season 1-1 and not 2-0. ;)

I normally am fairly calm after Syracuse losses because at this point, I expect the worst. But my oh my, I'm incredibly aggravated after this game. I'm trying to hold off on being so judgmental so quickly after the game but I'm pissed.

I feel for Nassib, played his ass off. Great job Nassib and the rest of the offense in the second half.

Defense/special teams... I don't know what to say. The late hit call shouldn't have been called but it was still an absolute boneheaded decision by Lynn to pursue it. I about threw my remote through the wall at that point.

And why so conservative with the blitz at the end?

I'm still trying to figure out why it's a penalty to push a guy out of bounds when he's still in bounds...
Keon continued to push him well after he was out of bounds. Just stupid and undisciplined. Totally unnecessary.

In the final analysis ST lost this game. The O puts up 41 points, 600 total yards, Nassib completes 44 of 64 = 68%. D held them to under 350 total yards. Granted they played poorly the last series but still they were a highly regarded offense.
But the ST were responsible for 14 points in my book.

Norton earned his schollie today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom