Official Star Wars The Force Awakens Pregame Thread | Syracusefan.com

Official Star Wars The Force Awakens Pregame Thread

So they want us to believe Luke Skywalker is the new Darth Vader. I just think that is what the trailer wants and don't believe that will be the case.

Luke may or may not have gone dark side, but he's definitely not Kylo Ren (the masked guy) who is portrayed by Adam Driver of "Girls" fame. Luke is likely the robed character touching R2 with his robotic hand.

I based my comment on the scene at 1:01-1:02 with Luke yelling around the red. I don't know any of the new characters as I have really stayed away from spoilers. I take it the masked dude went down to where the Second Death Star crashed and recovered Darth Vader's mask from ROTJ that is awesome if he did. It would make believe its Luke since Vader was his father but you say its a new character so I am wrong. I don't want to know any spoilers as this movie has a chance to make up for Episodes I and II which were pure crap.

My wife was one of those people that never watched Star Wars, so we watched them in the correct story order. She thought Return of the Jedi was the best one, and we're now prepared to go see this one once the mania dies down.

Luke may or may not have gone dark side, but he's definitely not Kylo Ren (the masked guy) who is portrayed by Adam Driver of "Girls" fame. Luke is likely the robed character touching R2 with his robotic hand.
There's no way Luke's gone dark. I wouldn't be surprised if he's hiding though...and maybe doesn't show until the end of VII.

I based my comment on the scene at 1:01-1:02 with Luke yelling around the red. I don't know any of the new characters as I have really stayed away from spoilers. I take it the masked dude went down to where the Second Death Star crashed and recovered Darth Vader's mask from ROTJ that is awesome if he did. It would make believe its Luke since Vader was his father but you say its a new character so I am wrong. I don't want to know any spoilers as this movie has a chance to make up for Episodes I and II which were pure crap.
That's not Luke.

And btw, Daisy Ridley may potentially be the hottest woman on the planet. Hopefully she doesn't turn to nose candy with the fame like Carrie Fisher did.

Alsacs said:

I realize this is all fictional, and not to nit pick, but the Death Star didn't take vaders mask with it, Luke was shown giving him a firey funeral I assume on endor.

I realize this is all fictional, and not to nit pick, but the Death Star didn't take vaders mask with it, Luke was shown giving him a firey funeral I assume on endor.
I don't remember, but wasn't that after he removed the mask to see his father for the first time? Presumably leaving the mask behind.

In the funeral pyre on Endor Vaders mask was back on.
Ah, then hopefully they cover the whole mask recovery. You would have to think that the mask would survive being burned, and it does look quite mutilated. So, hopefully they begin the new movie with a dark presence recovering the mask.

I have heard nothing at all about this movie other than this trailer yesterday but I am calling my shot. The guy in the mask is Luke Skywalker.

Is the girl suppose to be Han Solo's daughter based on her talking to him? The storm trooper gone good I have no clue what his story will be.

I have heard nothing at all about this movie other than this trailer yesterday but I am calling my shot. The guy in the mask is Luke Skywalker.

Is the girl suppose to be Han Solo's daughter based on her talking to him? The storm trooper gone good I have no clue what his story will be.
No, the guy in the mask is Adam Driver. Luke is in the movie, though.

If, like some people are guessing, Luke had gone dark, I will ride my BMX bike to LA and punch JJ in the face.

lummgr said:
If, like some people are guessing, Luke had gone dark, I will ride my BMX bike to LA and punch JJ in the face.
It'll never happen. I'm pretty convinced he's in hiding and protecting something pretty dark though...

I have absolutely no inside knowledge but I am going to say Luke is going to be the bad guy and the girl is Han Solo/Princess Leia's daughter who is going to be the Luke Skywalker of the trilogy and save her Uncle.

Just my educated guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom