Official USF Game Thread | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Official USF Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
5-7 and the coaching staff on the hot seat sounds like declaring it dead.

If we bounce back next week, we'll be in solid shape. If not, then I'll be the first one to personally give you a mea culpa.

Plenty of opportunities to bounce back but as bad as UVA is going on the road again in what I am assuming is another homecoming game will still be tough.

Our run defense today looked like it did in that bad Georgia Tech loss a few years ago.

No push from the DL, no containment on the edge, poor tackling.

We could never get after their running QB.
Sure did. That pretty much sums it up nicely.

I don't know what is worse, the play by our D today or some of you on this thread. Completely fine throwing your opinion on things, as this what this board is about but good lord, over the top many of you are. It's unbelievable how some here just want to be miserable. It's one thing to critique the game and players and it's another talking about walking off the face of the earth after one f-n game. Damn... get a grip.

Next week we will beat Virginia and then be just two games shy of a bowl season. Man... talk about not understanding the notion of building back a program (hint = baby steps).

Nicknack said:
I don't know what is worse, the play by our D today or some of you on this thread. Completely fine throwing your opinion on things, as this what this board is about but good lord, over the top many of you are. It's unbelievable how some here just want to be miserable. It's one thing to critique the game and players and it's another talking about walking off the face of the earth after one f-n game. Damn... get a grip. Next week we will beat Virginia and then be just two games shy of a bowl season. Man... talk about not understanding the notion of building back a program (hint = baby steps).

Maryland beat South Florida 35-17 and they're about to fire their coach.

OrangeXtreme said:
653014398752063488 Lot of flukes today.

Rutgers up on Sparty makes me sick to my stomach.

Truth sets you free. Your agenda is evident to anyone reading your stuff over the past few years. You aren't fooling anyone.

What agenda?

I'm pretty explicit in what I have thought, good and bad, about coaches in this program. But with Scott Shafer I have some subtle agenda.

Got it.

The only agenda I see is a personal one from you.

How many red flags do we need to realize Sparty is not good? Oregon sucking, Purdue? They're gonna get flogged by Michigan.

Players admitting they came out flat is not good news for Shafer. One of the things AD Coyle mentioned when determining the fate of Shafer was the players effort on the field not just wins and losses. Well today Coyle witnessed a team that was not ready to play and a clueless head coach who says he needs to look at the game film to determine the effort on the field.

Players admitting they came out flat is not good news for Shafer. One of the things AD Coyle mentioned when determining the fate of Shafer was the players effort on the field not just wins and losses. Well today Coyle witnessed a team that was not ready to play and a clueless head coach who says he needs to look at the game film to determine the effort on the field.
If the players said well we came out fine, who in their right mind would believe them?

Sometimes the truth is the truth. As for Shafer talking about the tape, he is undoubtedly talking about individuals, while the kids were talking about the team as a whole. Erv Phillips was he first one to jump out to me as playing with good effort today, meanwhile everything around him was lethargic and tedious in the first half when he stood out to me.

What agenda?

I'm pretty explicit in what I have thought, good and bad, about coaches in this program. But with Scott Shafer I have some subtle agenda.

Got it.

The only agenda I see is a personal one from you.
I'm not alone in thinking this of you.

I'm not alone in thinking this of you.

I can't help it if people make up in their heads.

Unlike apparently a lot of people on this board I don't see any reason that Marrone and Shafer have to be put in opposition.

Shafer made one huge mistake and I obviously had a problem with THAT guy very early. Doesn't mean I have an anti-Shafer agenda.

I can't help it if people make . . . . up in their heads.

Unlike apparently a lot of people on this board I don't see any reason that Marrone and Shafer have to be put in opposition.

Shafer made one huge mistake and I obviously had a problem with THAT guy very early. Doesn't mean I have an anti-Shafer agenda.
I'm sure. People are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors