Officiating was very good today | Syracusefan.com

Officiating was very good today

Albeck43

Walk On
The officiating crew, Les Jones, Jeff Anderson, Mike Eades, did a very nice job today. They let them play, called things equally and didn't miss much. It is rare when SU or any other team can afford to give fouls to run down the clock at the end of both halves. Of course both teams seemed a little passive today...

I thought it was pretty fair as well. As mentioned in the BillOrange thread about who we had today, he fact I didn't know them was a good sign. Turned out to be accurate.

I agree they did miss quite a bit or let it go but they did so on both sides.

They did call a huge phantom foul against Miami on a Cooney put back attempt late, but overall they were fine.

I agree they did miss quite a bit or let it go but they did so on both sides.
I did note that phantom foul on Trevor's put-back attempt, but we needed that one. :) Earlier a Miami player hit CJ on the arm when he was shooting, causing an air ball (that was another missed call). But overall I can't remember a game when bad officiating wasn't terribly apparent and in the foreground. Today, the officials were almost invisible. It was refreshing.

He got the arm from the other angle they showed in my opinion

I didn't notice that. It would explain why he missed from point blank.

He got the arm from the other angle they showed in my opinion
And even if he didnt the defender was bringing his arms down which in almost every case is a foul it seems.

no need to call too much when both teams are doing very little to create issues for the D..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom