Ogundeko | Page 85 | Syracusefan.com

Ogundeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
poor kid doesn't even know where he is going to school...maybe the University of Clemson is close to home?? What

Have you guys read the free scout article? He came off super dickish in that but he took a shot at Uconn, which is always fun.

poor kid doesn't even know where he is going to school...maybe the University of Clemson is close to home?? What
Obviously a better fit for clemson academically (especially if he's majoring in geography).

“It was pretty close, a lot of people convinced me (for SU), but at the end of the day it’s a business and I have to do what I have to do,” he added. “I had to keep all these people off my mind, people that just met me this year just trying to convince me and trying to get close to me.
“All that doesn’t mean anything to me, family is first and I’m ready to create a new family at Clemson.”
After announcing at the Under Armour All-America game, the process had come full circle after once thinking he was just a regional recruit at best.

--That's cold. The Gus Edwards relationship was way oversold.

I'm only posting to get my name in on this ridiculously long thread.

“It was pretty close, a lot of people convinced me (for SU), but at the end of the day it’s a business and I have to do what I have to do,” he added. “I had to keep all these people off my mind, people that just met me this year just trying to convince me and trying to get close to me.
“All that doesn’t mean anything to me, family is first and I’m ready to create a new family at Clemson.”
After announcing at the Under Armour All-America game, the process had come full circle after once thinking he was just a regional recruit at best.

So let's see, guys he had never met until this year were noise, to be disregarded because family is first... and now he is ready to start a new family with a bunch of people he hasn't even met yet? Seems to be a chicken and egg problem here.

Right on. ;)

So let's see, guys he had never met until this year were noise, to be disregarded because family is first... and now he is ready to start a new family with a bunch of people he hasn't even met yet? Seems to be a chicken and egg problem here.

Right on. ;)

Yeah CLIMPSON got in his head. "Don't trust all those people that want you to stay near home and go to Syracuse. Trust us strangers with the candy. Get in the van...c'mon."

"it's a business" tells you everything you need to know.

This was all so cold. I can't follow recruiting until we get some serious facility upgrades or win a BCS bowl. It will continue to be more of the same until then.

This really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. To see the way he talks about UCONN is pretty eye-opening.

It's been clear since Day 1 of his recruitment that he's someone that has thrived for the attention and has wanted to commit somewhere where he would be considered to be "big time". Syracuse always was a backup plan.

His comments are also pretty bizarre - keeping people away that just met him this year...so he had a relationship with the Clemson staff prior to this year?

I heard from the coaching staff we weren't really interested in him anyway.

Mr. Williams appears to be 0-2 with us.

Still don't see how he helps us at all with a National recruit. He sent his own son (a national recruit) elsewhere. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement for playing football at SU.

This is a monumentous disappointment, EO going elsewhere doesn't surprise me.

Here is to hoping that Dennis comes in as his replacement, and that Laray announces for us later tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom