Oh Alsacs, as I warned TexasMark, I have to | Syracusefan.com

Oh Alsacs, as I warned TexasMark, I have to

dasher

Hoops Inside Info Guru
tell you not to waste your time on the UConn R board. They are a sad and bitter bunch. Don't get me wrong, the board is great for a good laugh but for something serious, forget it. This guy huskyfandan has even been banned from that board. You realize what a jackass you have to be , to be banned form that clown show? He has UConn to the B1G any day. Don't try and talk sense over there. Let them think what they want. They are in our rear view mirror.

Just read that thread and had to laugh at the idea that they've "passed" us and would leave us in their dust if not for their conference situation.

40-10 a**holes. And we each have two BE championships in football since they joined the conference.

Some of them make it exceptionally hard to have any sympathy for their current situation.

Just read that thread and had to laugh at the idea that they've "passed" us and would leave us in their dust if not for their conference situation.

40-10 a**holes. And we each have two BE championships in football since they joined the conference.

Some of them make it exceptionally hard to have any sympathy for their current situation.
I have as much sympathy for them as they would have for us. Can you imagine if the shoe was on the other foot, what they would be saying? F them.

Yeah, I can't believe how out of whack his brain works, but I try to have legitimate conservations. However, I don't think he is rational and the fact you tell he was banned from his own board doesn't shock me.

tell you not to waste your time on the UConn R board. They are a sad and bitter bunch. Don't get me wrong, the board is great for a good laugh but for something serious, forget it. This guy huskyfandan has even been banned from that board. You realize what a jackass you have to be , to be banned form that clown show? He has UConn to the B1G any day. Don't try and talk sense over there. Let them think what they want. They are in our rear view mirror.
Well if HFD was banned why is he still posting? From time to time I stop over there to read their posts and find a rare few that can still think straight. I don't get why Alsacs or that Pitt fan bother to comment. HFD needs serious help and can't even hold a rational adult discussion.

Well if HFD was banned why is he still posting? From time to time I stop over there to read their posts and find a rare few that can still think straight. I don't get why Alsacs or that Pitt fan bother to comment. HFD needs serious help and can't even hold a rational adult discussion.
Like here, after you serve your time, you are let back in to the general population. People get banned here and are allowed back all the time.

Like here, after you serve your time, you are let back in to the general population. People get banned here and are allowed back all the time.

Speaking of bannings...haven't seen Tristan in a while?!?!

I have as much sympathy for them as they would have for us. Can you imagine if the shoe was on the other foot, what they would be saying? F them.

I can't imagine... why would anyone take them? Location? no. Athletic history? no. Academics? no. Affiliation in any sense of the word with the ACC or B1G? no. Current athletic prowess? I think they have a decent soccer team right? Like-minded University? no. Brand name power? never for football. fading for basketball. Notable alumni some might want to associate with? some decent names... but no. Big fan base? no. Travelling fan base? no. Fun atmosphere for travelling fans? I would have to think no, but who wants to find out?

Like you said, though...

I always thought this would get them in the B1G

vomiting-2075.gif
vomiting-2075.gif
vomiting-2075.gif
vomiting-2075.gif
vomiting-2075.gif

Whenever I feel disdain for Uconn fans I try to imagine this board if we were on the outside looking in. Not a pleasant thought.

Whenever I feel disdain for Uconn fans I try to imagine this board if we were on the outside looking in. Not a pleasant thought.
you would have seen rational thought. Just like we do on every other topic.

I seriously just gave up on him after reading that part again. That is why I believe he is a customer of Walter White's blue stuff. Its okay for them to acknowledge their flaws, but I never see them acknowledge them.
Check out this message from the Ga. Tech $cout board change the $ to an s. http://mbd.$cout.com/mb.aspx?s=140&f=2938&t=11523474&p=52
lumberpack3 says:
UConn fans think their academic reputation and their location are far, far superior to Louisville. Their academic reputation is better, but UConn is neither an elite public institution like UVa, or GT, not an elite private universtiy like Duke and Wake, or even a research powerhouse like NC State, or VT. They live in the academic shadow of the Boston, New York and Ivy League schools. Their economic geography is terrible, but they think they deliver the entire State of Connecticutt and NYC.

The ACC has NEVER seriously considered UConn.

Some of you might remember, I think the articles were in the Orlando Sentinal, way back when Les Robinson was AD at NC State, circa 1999 - anyway, Les was quoted in regards to what he saw as the future of Division 1 football and he said Five Major Conferences, ACC, Big 12, B10, SEC and Pacific. In that article the relationship between Miami and the ACC is discussed, the initial contact between Corrigan and Paul Dee, and the idea that Miami needed/wanted partners - namely Syracuse and BC.

VT and UConn were not mentioned. Pitt was mentioned in passing.

I've never heard the first positive thing about UConn uttered by anyone officially connected to Duke, UNC, NC State, Wake, VT or UVa. UConn to the ACC is akin to East Carolina to the ACC - a localized dream - however the Northeast media picked that up and ran with it years ago.

Ask VT how long the ACC institutional memory is and how long it takes some places to get over something. It took VT 50 years to get back with original SoCon partners after pissing off Clemson, MD, and Duke over the bowl ban in 1951-52. UConn and Michael Blumenthal ensured they would not get an ACC bid, probably ever - at least for the next 30-50 years.

From a financial standpoint, the UConn basketball market is overlapped by BC, Syracuse, Duke, and ND. Those four are very popular in NYC, Western Connecticut, etc.

UConn is probably worth more to the B10 than the ACC, but that doesn't mean UConn is worth enough for the B10 to add.

Many UConn fans seem not to know their own history. They were a Yankee Conference schools with Boston, Maine, UMass, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Richmond and Villanova until the Big East began basketball in 1979. The Big East didn't play football as a real conference until 1991. Timewise, that's the blink of an eye.

The ACC and SEC both started under the SIAA banner in the 1890's and were under the SoCon banner together until the split in 1933. Essentially we have been in the same conferences with other, at the same level for 90-120 years. UConn thought they could move up from the Yankee Conference in 1978 to the ACC in 2003 and they are the ONLY Yankee Conference school to attempt that rapid climb. If you look at their closest comparable - UMass, UMass is in the Mid-America conference, where UConn belongs in football.

As far as I know, ONLY FLORIDA STATE, has progressed to an elite status in football, from not playing football at an elite level prior to WWII (they were a girls school, like UNC-Greensboro, or Radford in Va).

Every other current B10, B12, ACC and SEC team was playing at a level that allowed their conference teams access to the Rose, Sugar, Cotton, or Orange Bowl, prior to WWII. The next school to improve it's football and play consistantly at the top level is Louisville and expansion is rooted in football.

Lot's of UConn fans think basketball success is equal to football success - it's not.

I seriously just gave up on him after reading that part again. That is why I believe he is a customer of Walter White's blue stuff. Its okay for them to acknowledge their flaws, but I never see them acknowledge them.
Check out this message from the Ga. Tech $cout board change the $ to an s. http://mbd.$cout.com/mb.aspx?s=140&f=2938&t=11523474&p=52
lumberpack3 says:
UConn fans think their academic reputation and their location are far, far superior to Louisville. Their academic reputation is better, but UConn is neither an elite public institution like UVa, or GT, not an elite private universtiy like Duke and Wake, or even a research powerhouse like NC State, or VT. They live in the academic shadow of the Boston, New York and Ivy League schools. Their economic geography is terrible, but they think they deliver the entire State of Connecticutt and NYC.

Some of you might remember, I think the articles were in the Orlando Sentinal, way back when Les Robinson was AD at NC State, circa 1999 - anyway, Les was quoted in regards to what he saw as the future of Division 1 football and he said Five Major Conferences, ACC, Big 12, B10, SEC and Pacific. In that article the relationship between Miami and the ACC is discussed, the initial contact between Corrigan and Paul Dee, and the idea that Miami needed/wanted partners - namely Syracuse and BC.

I've never heard the first positive thing about UConn uttered by anyone officially connected to Duke, UNC, NC State, Wake, VT or UVa. UConn to the ACC is akin to East Carolina to the ACC - a localized dream - however the Northeast media picked that up and ran with it years ago.

Ask VT how long the ACC institutional memory is and how long it takes some places to get over something. It took VT 50 years to get back with original SoCon partners after pissing off Clemson, MD, and Duke over the bowl ban in 1951-52. UConn and Michael Blumenthal ensured they would not get an ACC bid, probably ever - at least for the next 30-50 years.

From a financial standpoint, the UConn basketball market is overlapped by BC, Syracuse, Duke, and ND. Those four are very popular in NYC, Western Connecticut, etc.

UConn is probably worth more to the B10 than the ACC, but that doesn't mean UConn is worth enough for the B10 to add.

Many UConn fans seem not to know their own history. They were a Yankee Conference schools with Boston, Maine, UMass, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Richmond and Villanova until the Big East began basketball in 1979. The Big East didn't play football as a real conference until 1991. Timewise, that's the blink of an eye.

The ACC and SEC both started under the SIAA banner in the 1890's and were under the SoCon banner together until the split in 1933. Essentially we have been in the same conferences with other, at the same level for 90-120 years. UConn thought they could move up from the Yankee Conference in 1978 to the ACC in 2003 and they are the ONLY Yankee Conference school to attempt that rapid climb. If you look at their closest comparable - UMass, UMass is in the Mid-America conference, where UConn belongs in football.

As far as I know, ONLY FLORIDA STATE, has progressed to an elite status in football, from not playing football at an elite level prior to WWII (they were a girls school, like UNC-Greensboro, or Radford in Va).

Every other current B10, B12, ACC and SEC team was playing at a level that allowed their conference teams access to the Rose, Sugar, Cotton, or Orange Bowl, prior to WWII. The next school to improve it's football and play consistantly at the top level is Louisville and expansion is rooted in football.

Lot's of UConn fans think basketball success is equal to football success - it's not.
It's Richard Blumenthal

lumberpack3 says:

This is a very interesting perspective, especially the part about Virginia Tech and the Bowl Ban. I've never heard that referenced as a reason that the ACC schools did not want Virginia Tech in 1953-54. North Carolina and Duke both supported the Bowl Ban, and it was a 17-3 vote for the ban in 1951 within the SoCon. Clemson and Maryland defied the ban and played in bowls, and they were sanctioned by the SoCon. I don't think Virginia Tech was singled out. When the ACC formed in 1953 it was because they were 7 schools with a common agenda.

The reason I've always heard regarding Virginia Tech not being admitted in 1953 was because of travel. All of the original ACC schools are east of the Appalachian Mountains. There were no interstates in 1953, and the schools in the ACC did not want to have their student athletes travel to Blacksburg. West Virginia also was in the Southern Conference and wanted into the ACC in 1953. The ACC schools had the same issue with Morgantown. It was too tough to get to.

The reason that the SEC formed during the 1930s was also over travel. All of them are west of the Appalachian Mountains or below them geographically. Travel across the mountain chain was the issue there too.

This is a very interesting perspective, especially the part about Virginia Tech and the Bowl Ban. I've never heard that referenced as a reason that the ACC schools did not want Virginia Tech in 1953-54. North Carolina and Duke both supported the Bowl Ban, and it was a 17-3 vote for the ban in 1951 within the SoCon. Clemson and Maryland defied the ban and played in bowls, and they were sanctioned by the SoCon. I don't think Virginia Tech was singled out. When the ACC formed in 1953 it was because they were 7 schools with a common agenda.

The reason I've always heard regarding Virginia Tech not being admitted in 1953 was because of travel. All of the original ACC schools are east of the Appalachian Mountains. There were no interstates in 1953, and the schools in the ACC did not want to have their student athletes travel to Blacksburg. West Virginia also was in the Southern Conference and wanted into the ACC in 1953. The ACC schools had the same issue with Morgantown. It was too tough to get to.

The reason that the SEC formed during the 1930s was also over travel. All of them are west of the Appalachian Mountains or below them geographically. Travel across the mountain chain was the issue there too.
Thanks! This is all new information for me.

The original ACC was a very compact conference, so that all makes sense except for that team up in Alaska.

I'm wondering if you were the only one on the board that didn't know I was joking.

Guess i didnt use enough sarcasm in that...hmmm...will add a bit more next time...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD