Oh, Oregon | Syracusefan.com

Oh, Oregon

pac 12 doesn't have a single team in pomeroy's top 45. hop's boys are their best at 46. that means no more chances for top 50 wins going forward. gonna be another lean year for the pac 12 come tournament time

How do u blow a 9 pt lead with 55 secs left that's nearly impossible. Ugh losing to them and Dan Hurleys misfits is gonna cost us
Don’t forget old dominion! They lost to Florida Atlantic last night and I believe ODU now has 5 losses on the season

Ironically, Clemson, Ohio State and ND are better than Oregon UConn and ODU

my memory is fuzzy but I remember UGa leading Syracuse by 8 or so, with the ball, with about a minute left back in 1996.

my memory is fuzzy but I remember UGa leading Syracuse by 8 or so, with the ball, with about a minute left back in 1996.

I don't think think there was nearly that little time left. They were up 8 or 9 but with maybe 6 minutes left. My memory is fuzzy too though, so I could be wrong. What i do remember clearly is Wallace's pass to Cipolla and Wallace's shot in OT with about 2 seconds to go.

i watched some of the first half and oregon was cruising on their home court. i was mostly just listening to bill walton and not paying much attention to the game .
" LOUIS IV was the only son of King Charles the SIMPLE...did you know jimi hendrix played his guitar upside down ? (you mean he was left-handed ?) no i mean he could play it behind his head...)

Last edited:
How do u blow a 9 pt lead with 55 secs left that's nearly impossible. Ugh losing to them and Dan Hurleys misfits is gonna cost us

Not as bad but BC Big East game from 1982...up 8 under 2 mins to go and did not score the rest of the game...BC scored final 10 points...ouch...

your memory is fuzzy...that game was very tight coming down the stretch...Georgia did have a sizable lead (8-10 points) but that was much earlier in the second half when Wallace was out with foul trouble...

As long as we keep improving and winning, it wont matter. But it sucks that Oregon is falling off a cliff, UConn doing Ollie era things and ODU being meh. And of course the first time in my life I root for OSU they lose to MSU and then fill their diapers against Rutgers.

choke.png

Syracuse had been teetering -- outscored 20-3 at the start of the second half and trailing 65-56 with less than 3 minutes remaining -- when Sims (10 points, 10 assists) started launching. He is a pass first, shoot second point guard who altered his priorities and gave Syracuse this game. His consecutive 3-point shots turned it into a 3-point game, and the question was who would leave first due to fouls -- Wallace or Georgia's two big men, Terrell Bell and Carlos Strong.

I don't think think there was nearly that little time left. They were up 8 or 9 but with maybe 6 minutes left. My memory is fuzzy too though, so I could be wrong. What i do remember clearly is Wallace's pass to Cipolla and Wallace's shot in OT with about 2 seconds to go.
I remember when John Wallace picked up his 4th foul in the that game and I threw something across the room.

They have had pretty bad injury luck. Bol and King not seeing the court together basically at all this year is as bad as it gets. Pritchard is a good PG and would run the show well if the pieces are there but he isn't putting the squad on his back. They could probably make a run in the Pac 12 tournament with Bol.

The record of the PAC12 in BB for the last ~15 yrs has been really bad - below the standard of a P5 conference.

pac 12 doesn't have a single team in pomeroy's top 45. hop's boys are their best at 46. that means no more chances for top 50 wins going forward. gonna be another lean year for the pac 12 come tournament time

Not as bad but BC Big East game from 1982...up 8 under 2 mins to go and did not score the rest of the game...BC scored final 10 points...ouch...
And if I'm remembering correctly, that was the game that Santifer dribbled down the court with Bagley draped all over him (thought he got fouled the whole way) and made the shot right after the buzzer that would have won it.

As long as we keep improving and winning, it wont matter. But it sucks that Oregon is falling off a cliff, UConn doing Ollie era things and ODU being meh. And of course the first time in my life I root for OSU they lose to MSU and then fill their diapers against Rutgers.
That's one of the problems with selecting the best non-conference winning teams. We lost to an Oregon team with Bol Bol. Doubtful we lose to Oregon without him on the floor. When we lost it was to a ranked team that was a contender in the conference. Now it looks like a horrible loss, without knowing the details. But every team will have those same "problems" come Selection Sunday. As you say, as long as we keep improving and winning it won't matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom