Ohio State loses to Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

Ohio State loses to Rutgers

I'd say the diminishing of our best win of the season (I know, so far...) is a somewhat big deal. Obviously we have the opportunity with our remaining ACC schedule to make it not matter at all, but for now, it matters.

OSU will have to crater worse than just a road loss (albeit to Rutgers) in order for our win to drop from a Q1 win.

Possible? Sure. Probable? Nah.

It will stay Q1. But not all Q1 wins are "marquee " level wins. I think we were hoping that would be the Ohio St win.

Our standing in the ACC will have far more to do with how we make out on selection Sunday than a single win or loss in nonconference

Very true! However, this board is all about picking apart the minutia to give us something to keep talking about between games...and it does effect us some, so I get it. The whole butterfly effect(excellent movie, btw...ad the director's cut is a very different story and ending than the theatrical version, if anyone has seen only one...mindblowing to compare he two) thing. Every team we beat, we want to win. Wait, does that mean folks here will be rooting for Georgetown this season?

Can't tell you the last time I slept well thinking about what could have been.

I hear you, other than when I was a kid and thought about the chick who sang that song (heck, im listening to it now...it's quite a song, in my opinion) If i knew how to make outube videos, I think I could make one to this song about this team over the years...and maybe fade to some scenes of me drinking my sorrows away, and throwing an empty against the wall.

Our standing in the ACC will have far more to do with how we make out on selection Sunday than a single win or loss in nonconference

Yes in that if we do well enough in ACC games then it does not matter, and there are several ACC games.

But the specific record or standing itself is not something relevant to the committee. Of course if you win 11 ACC games there will be quite a bit of good in the metrics they actually use.

the rac is VERY tough place to play. its small and the crowd is right on top of you.

Very true! However, this board is all about picking apart the minutia to give us something to keep talking about between games...and it does effect us some, so I get it. The whole butterfly effect(excellent movie, btw...ad the director's cut is a very different story and ending than the theatrical version, if anyone has seen only one...mindblowing to compare he two) thing. Every team we beat, we want to win. Wait, does that mean folks here will be rooting for Georgetown this season?
Yes, we pick things apart. But this could also be a sign that OSU is not as good as expected. That's a problem for us. If it's a fluke and they bounce back, I'll be happy that I worried over nothing.

The only reason we pick apart the minutia is because we've been on the bubble every damn year, and the minutia matters that much more because the selection committee focuses on the minutia when deciding who gets in and who doesn't.

I'd love to be good enough again where I couldn't care less about what Georgetown or Ohio State does the rest of the year after we stomp them. Unfortunately, we aren't in that position, and haven't been in a while.

the rac is VERY tough place to play. its small and the crowd is right on top of you.
That's if they are pulling in big crowds. It's a glorified HS gym and definitely not up to P5 standards. been there a couple times and was always amazed that a major DI basketball team played there.

That's if they are pulling in big crowds. It's a glorified HS gym and definitely not up to P5 standards. been there a couple times and was always amazed that a major DI basketball team played there.
first of all your response has nothing to do with what i said. its still a great home court advantage and tough place to play. if they have a marginally decent team and get the crowd as you say, it is a big assest. i guess you think cameron and the joyce center are not up to p 5 standards either, and should be closed.

It can be:

I could watch that clip all day. One of my favorite Cuse highlight reel dunks. And Fred Hill’s infuriated reaction is priceless. Love how Cuse fans took over the RAC once again. That team was such a fun and tough bunch of kids, with Flynn, Devo, Rautins, Harris, AO, etc. They’re def among my favorite Cuse teams to watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom