OITNF Question | Syracusefan.com

OITNF Question

SU68

Starter
Since HCDB has been at Syracuse, the mantra has been "Orange Is The New Fast". For at least the past season, the offense would get into position but then look over to the sideline for the play. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? :confused:

we also slow it down against teams that are way more talented than us

Since HCDB has been at Syracuse, the mantra has been "Orange Is The New Fast". For at least the past season, the offense would get into position but then look over to the sideline for the play. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? :confused:
They have a play. If the read doesn't look favorable, they look to the sideline to get a new play that is a favorable matchup.

That's actually the one thing I dislike about this offense. I think that once the players have come to the line, it should be in their hands. Having said that, if it helps us win, I'll take it.

That's actually the one thing I dislike about this offense. I think that once the players have come to the line, it should be in their hands. Having said that, if it helps us win, I'll take it.
Why do that when you have eyes above the play that can evaluate the entire defense?

my entire issue w the offense is a conditioning thing. If it clicks, it should work for us clock management wise where we are on the field for chunks of time. If we can't convert and are going 3 and out we are killing our defense.

I think Dino is getting his players in place that we will be ok here but it's a concern for sure especially with our november results so far.

I know the numbers don't back it up but in watching other games it seems like there are quite a few teams that play as fast if not faster. Too lazy to look it up, but have we gotten faster each season under HCDB?

I still think it's a stupid nickname.:)

I dont mind it but it feels like it philosophically boxes them in. The nickname to me implies lots of hurry up and lots of excitement with big downfield throws and creative playcalling. There are games that happens, and then there are games we go into conservative slow sluggish run-run-pass mode.

run run pass is fine, except we run for 1-1, when its working at 5-5 then we will see it really start to go.

Why do that when you have eyes above the play that can evaluate the entire defense?
I'm not saying it's bad strategy. From an integrity of the game stand point, I just prefer that the players take over once they've gone to the LOS.

my entire issue w the offense is a conditioning thing. If it clicks, it should work for us clock management wise where we are on the field for chunks of time. If we can't convert and are going 3 and out we are killing our defense.

I think Dino is getting his players in place that we will be ok here but it's a concern for sure especially with our november results so far.

I don't think this is a thing.

That same November swoon can *and probably should be* attributed to injury and a lack of depth. Or if you prefer tp put is this way: we lose a lot when our QB gets hurt.

(I think the system clearly turns into a giant fireball where the defense gets gassed - when the offense can't move the ball. But I think that's on ED being injured and not a conditioning issue. The good news, is that *IF* ED goes down this year, TD is by all accounts a higher quality QB than anyone we've had back there in the Babers era).

run run pass is fine, except we run for 1-1, when its working at 5-5 then we will see it really start to go.

Fair enough. That said, I do feel like the height of great coaching is getting out of that pattern one play early rather than one play late. Too often we dont

Once we start to see these abundance of plays turn into an abundance of points...that is when we know the offense is flowing how DB wants. He still doesn't have all the pieces in place and is working on that.

our big issue has been moving the ball to the red zone and then scoring. once we cant spread people out you need to be physical hopefully this is starting to go the right way.

I know the numbers don't back it up but in watching other games it seems like there are quite a few teams that play as fast if not faster. Too lazy to look it up, but have we gotten faster each season under HCDB?

We're number 1 in the country in Plays per game

Yards per play stat is horrifying. We aren't wearing any defenses down except our own, and this fact has proven itself out in the last 2 seasons.

The last 2 games of 2016 and the last 2.5 games of 2017 Syracuse had no defense. I don't buy that it was all due to injuries. Not in the least

Babers has to figure out how to get his team through an entire season. Until then, we have 10 games to win 6.

i dont think pace of play has really worn our D out.. has out TOP changed all that much? did our 3 and outs go down? fix the run game the rest will take care of itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom