Ok help | Syracusefan.com

Ok help

Marsh01

Living Legend
How do I get rid of the advertisement banner on the right side of the page? Driving me crazy. It keeps blocking the 2003 banner and goes down the page and I cant figure out how to get rid of it.

are you on a computer? maybe try making the text smaller to create more space on the screen

do you have a little small red stop sign looking thing in the upper right corner that ses abp?

I finally got ABP. It works, but it still has this site with screwy with the formatting.

I'd like to figure out a way, too. It's awfully intrusive.

It's been bugging me for the past couple of weeks. I thought it might have something to do with the browser that I use, Chrome, so I just let it be.

I'd like to see it resolved now that I know I'm not the only person with the problem.

There seems to be plenty of room to the right of the message box for those vertical ads if they'd lower them an inch or two.

Yeah, I use Firefox and it's an issue for me, too. I also thought it might be that my screen just isn't wide enough, but hearing that other people find it a nuisance as well I'm just glad I'm not alone.

glad to hear its not just me. any suggestions admins?

I'm on safari and there's no ad on the right side, just a small one on top and way bottom of the page (hope I didn't jinx myself)

glad to hear its not just me. any suggestions admins?

I can't see the issue nor duplicate it. So I am sending it on to our tech team. :)

How do I get rid of the advertisement banner on the right side of the page? Driving me crazy. It keeps blocking the 2003 banner and goes down the page and I cant figure out how to get rid of it.

I've got it too

Your screen resolution is too small. I just messed with mine and was able to recreate your issue. mine is set at 1280 X 800. IF i adjust it to 1024 x 768 it recreates your issues.

I have the same problem on my iPad but not on my PC (Firefox) or my iMac.

Your screen resolution is too small. I just messed with mine and was able to recreate your issue. mine is set at 1280 X 800. IF i adjust it to 1024 x 768 it recreates your issues.

??? I have the same problem and my resolution is set at 1280 x 1024

The problem seems to have originated with Amazon. They placed cookies on the computer to show shopping preferences. There are also other sites that have done the same thing. By clicking the top right of the ad you can opt out of Amazon. Then click in same spot when next ad appears to opt out of multiple other sites by following the links. The box where the ads were still appears as empty space, havent figured out how to get rid of it yet and show the whole banner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom