Ok, I was wrong... | Syracusefan.com

Ok, I was wrong...

outoftownie

2nd String
Midway thru the first half of the UVA game, I posted that this team was a mediocre squad. At that point they had played pretty average Lacrosse and were playing down to their competition. There was too much reliance of ISO dodges and a lot of standing around on offense. The defense looked like they were confused with assignments and slide packages. While I think there are still issues and weaknesses with this team, the staff has made some good personnel moves and have this team playing really well. As an alum, I am happy they are playing well and look forward to their continued improvement. Need guys like Solomon, trimboli, rehfuss, t bomberry and Cunningham to continue to improve, they are going to be the future leaders of this program.

And people can stop with the "Syracuse Run and Gun" lacrosse, that is gone. Dead and buried, and it seemingly is working well for this edition of the orangemen.

Hopefully they can put the boots to Hobart Wednesday night and enforce their will. That is a game they should be able to win by more than one goal. That said, strange things happen at the boz.

I think we have all been surprised! I don't think R & G is dead I just don't think this team is suited to it but they are certainly the most etertaining! No rings but through the Rice and Donahue teams and beyond we have been fun to watch! I must say I think the staff have been very savvy and really shown they know how to evaluate players and know the teams identity!

Midway thru the first half of the UVA game, I posted that this team was a mediocre squad. At that point they had played pretty average Lacrosse and were playing down to their competition. There was too much reliance of ISO dodges and a lot of standing around on offense. The defense looked like they were confused with assignments and slide packages. While I think there are still issues and weaknesses with this team, the staff has made some good personnel moves and have this team playing really well. As an alum, I am happy they are playing well and look forward to their continued improvement. Need guys like Solomon, trimboli, rehfuss, t bomberry and Cunningham to continue to improve, they are going to be the future leaders of this program.

And people can stop with the "Syracuse Run and Gun" lacrosse, that is gone. Dead and buried, and it seemingly is working well for this edition of the orangemen.

Hopefully they can put the boots to Hobart Wednesday night and enforce their will. That is a game they should be able to win by more than one goal. That said, strange things happen at the boz.

Playing clutch in end of game situations and have a ton of resliance

If Williams was 100% I'd feel better about the tourney

A couple things, as an alum, are you upset that said "Syracuse Run and Gun" lacrosse is no longer a part of the offense. But I will say they have had some fast break goals, Molloy really looks to push in transition if he makes the save. I don't think run and gun is a major part of our offense but I still think teams do not want to get into high scoring games with Cuse.

Most of the Notre Dame contests that I have seen this year were not exactly high octane. Who are the fun and gun teams this season? We also scored a few fast break goals against ND. Danowksi was talking post game in interviews about how we took advantage of substitutions and scored in transition against them. I feel like this lack of fun and gun is a little overblown.

A couple things, as an alum, are you upset that said "Syracuse Run and Gun" lacrosse is no longer a part of the offense. But I will say they have had some fast break goals, Molloy really looks to push in transition if he makes the save. I don't think run and gun is a major part of our offense but I still think teams do not want to get into high scoring games with Cuse.
Great minds think alike I was posting at the same time as you!

We still look to run and push tempo, but we've become a lot better in settled O.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom