Ok, who thinks the Coleman knee bruise is ???? | Syracusefan.com

Ok, who thinks the Coleman knee bruise is ????

Is DC's bone bruise a phantom injury which = a little pine time?

• There may be a little tweak but there is more behind the pine ridin'

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Flacusian

All Conference
I don't know about everyone else but my BS amulet is glowing bright Orange right about know w/ respect to DC's "Bone Bruise". Care to weigh in? :noidea:

I'm hoping that it is just some type of bruise and that he is going to be back to help us because we really need him and every minute he gets out there is working toward developing him into a force that can contribute. I just have a feeling that they are being extra precautious and think that a little time off the court might stir things up a bit for him and he will benefit from the short hiatus.

Sometimes a little bench time is just what is needed to get a player to focus on working on the things they need to work on.

Not sure why they would lie about it and not sure why DC would go along with it. Oh are you thinking something off court? Well it has been a pretty quiet (thankfully) in that area.

Not sure why they would lie about it and not sure why DC would go along with it. Oh are you thinking something off court? Well it has been a pretty quiet (thankfully) in that area.

If it were a fib, it wouldnt necessarily have to be about an off court problem. At least the extent of the precaution could be called into question and Coleman wouldn't necessarily have to go along with anything or even be aware of what JB's intentions were. The guy is a HOF coach, and I think it's a little soon to rule out anything. That said I'm not saying it wasnt indeed his knee that kept him out the first 37 minutes of this game and not the last 3.

Then again, maybe JB thinks we REALLY will need him for UNC(in some role), and wanted to minimize the risk.

A couple of games ago i noticed he was limping pretty bad on a dead ball situation. I think it is a legit injury.

If it were a fib, it wouldnt necessarily have to be about an off court problem. At least the extent of the precaution could be called into question and Coleman wouldn't necessarily have to go along with anything or even be aware of what JB's intentions were. The guy is a HOF coach, and I think it's a little soon to rule out anything. That said I'm not saying it wasnt indeed his knee that kept him out the first 37 minutes of this game and not the last 3.

Then again, maybe JB thinks we REALLY will need him for UNC(in some role), and wanted to minimize the risk.
A well thought out response. Thanks for that. I just threw that out there about off court problem. Being a Syracuse fan, I was just being a little defensive I suppose.

I don't think so--why would he miss games if it was BS and there are no off-the-court issues?

I think he was having Knee problems he slowed considerably for a few games. I think his PT tonight was about having a 3rd big for UNC which its likely we will need. Roberson is really starting ti get it and can be the bench scorer when Grant is the starter.

I don't know about everyone else but my BS amulet is glowing bright Orange right about know w/ respect to DC's "Bone Bruise". Care to weigh in? :noidea:
worst post of the year.

worst post of the year.

Even worse than mine which youve shown great hatred for? I mean if it's really the worst, he deserves the effort you put into replying to mine, which you admittedly didn't even read :)

Just messin with ya, man. All is well being 15-0 and just enjoying a game like this. I'm guessing you were probably joking about his being the worst post of the year. I mean it's a legitimate question, no?

Roberson is taking his minutes coming off the bench and deservedly so. Rak and Baye can hold the 5 adequately to let Roberson to continue to develop.

Even worse than mine which youve shown great hatred for? I mean if it's really the worst, he deserves the effort you put into replying to mine, which you admittedly didn't even read :)

Just messin with ya, man. All is well being 15-0 and just enjoying a game like this. I'm guessing you were probably joking about his being the worst post of the year. I mean it's a legitimate question, no?

Easy CaptainJ ! Don't go horning in on my "Worst Post of the Year". I earned that designation by daring to ask a legit question.;)

A well thought out response. Thanks for that. I just threw that out there about off court problem. Being a Syracuse fan, I was just being a little defensive I suppose.

Thanks, it's good to hear that at least once a year on here. :) I wasn't saying it couldn't be something off the court, but that it certainly doesn't have to be. Glad to see you didn't take it the wrong way, and I gladly admit I'm often defensive as a Syracuse fan, especially this early in conference play. I'll breath a little easier if we beat North Carolina, and a lot easier if we still are this optimistic after playing Duke.

As for those mentioning starting, that well could be the case. Grant was already getting starters' minutes, and sometimes starting for the Orange is more of a figurehead type of thing like we're told the royalty in England is. Maybe JB wanted this injury to "heal" until whatever situation he feels DC would be most useful in against UNC, which likely may not be the start. Our 2 bigs seemed get get 2 personals pretty quickly tonight, and had me worried for a bit.

Easy CaptainJ ! Don't go horning in on my "Worst Post of the Year". I earned that designation by daring to ask a legit question.;)

Dammit, I think I deserved the title belt longer than I had it. I like doing that motion that wrestlers and Aaron Rogers do!! You gotta work hard to earn a title shot! Is it time for me to be put out to pasture already? I guess I'm about to drink something that was made from ingredients grown in the pasture.

It appears to be exactly what they said it was - a bone bruise that required ideally a couple weeks to heal. And since they did not need DC2 in the past 3 games, why not rest him until the North Carolina game. That's what they did and I expect him to play Saturday.

Not a friggin' chance. For so many reasons. But the big one specifically: since when does JB feel like he needs to be covert about why he isn't playing someone? Does Jimmy really strike ANYONE as the type who would feel uncomfortable simply saying "he's not producing so we are going with Jerami" or anything like that?

For better or worse we have one of the most blunt coaches in America, at any level. He's not going to play games like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom