Okay, so it is a quarter to three yesterday and | Syracusefan.com

Okay, so it is a quarter to three yesterday and

dasher

Living Legend
the phone rings. Now, everyone I know, knows that I dvr the orange game and start watching at about 50 minutes after the game started. That way I go right past the game stoppages and I catch up with about 2 minutes to play. So, whoever is calling must not know me that well or it's real important. I pick up the phone and a fellow Orange fan who knows I dvr the game says, are you watching this crap? I calmly reply, no, I was about to but as you very well know, I dvr the game and start watching right about now. Are you telling me not to bother. He says Oh, yeah. No. You can watch but I would skip the first half. People. I watch the game from the start. I caught up right at the end. My friend calls me back and I say, you know nothing about hoop. When they were down 20, It was obvious to anyone that knows basketball that they were going to win going away. I'm sticking with that story. Although, I don't think he believed me.

the phone rings. Now, everyone I know, knows that I dvr the orange game and start watching at about 50 minutes after the game started. That way I go right past the game stoppages and I catch up with about 2 minutes to play. So, whoever is calling must not know me that well or it's real important. I pick up the phone and a fellow Orange fan who knows I dvr the game says, are you watching this crap? I calmly reply, no, I was about to but as you very well know, I dvr the game and start watching right about now. Are you telling me not to bother. He says Oh, yeah. No. You can watch but I would skip the first half. People. I watch the game from the start. I caught up right at the end. My friend calls me back and I say, you know nothing about hoop. When they were down 20, It was obvious to anyone that knows basketball that they were going to win going away. I'm sticking with that story. Although, I don't think he believed me.
Liar.

I was thinking about starting a thread asking what people were thinking at half time, or even 5 minutes into the 2nd half. HONEST ANSWERS! Did anybody in their wildest dreams think SU was going to win with 15 minutes to go? I hadn't watched a live game in weeks not wanting to go through the anguish the team was putting me through all season. It's lot easier watching knowing the results. And the 1st half verified my opinion! Even after SU took the lead, I kept waiting for ND to hitva few 3's and break the spell.

No need, as there was a thread where you could have gotten real-time takes of what SU fans were thinking at every point in the game. It wasn't pretty.
Liar.

I was thinking about starting a thread asking what people were thinking at half time, or even 5 minutes into the 2nd half. HONEST ANSWERS! Did anybody in their wildest dreams think SU was going to win with 15 minutes to go? I hadn't watched a live game in weeks not wanting to go through the anguish the team was putting me through all season. It's lot easier watching knowing the results. And the 1st half verified my opinion! Even after SU took the lead, I kept waiting for ND to hitva few 3's and break the spell.

last time I call you.

No need, as there was a thread where you could have gotten real-time takes of what SU fans were thinking at every point in the game. It wasn't pretty.
Yeah I know. I read some of the halftime comments. Somebody said that coach should make the guys drink like 5 cups of coffee to wake them up. Apparently he did. Everybody knows it takes like 20 minutes for ingested things to get into your system! I just wondered how many true comments I would get versus the fibbers who said they had confidence the whole game!

Liar.

No. I said in the game thread at halftime that we would be lucky to lose by less than 15.

Liar.

I was actually hopefully optimistic until around the 16 or 17 min mark when Joe made the great defensive play and steal but didn’t convert the layup which would have put us down 12 I think, then ND came back and hit a 3 in transition putting them up 17. At that point my hope went out the window for the most part until about 4 minutes later when I was yelling buddy buckets alone in my house.

All I can say is that the team displayed an aspect which should be encouraging to all Cuse fans. There can be no argument as to the deficiencies of this team... but yesterday was a demonstration of the teams ability to optimize what they have... it should be noted that they have made significant progress over the past 8 games and are finding ways to win... and have the grit and determination to come back in staggering fashion when they are ostensibly getting their a$$es kicked. They will need to continue to discover how to adjust and utilize what they do have to win games. Tomorrow's game will present an opportunity to do so. I'd have to say all things considered... I'm liking what I'm seeing and think that this teams ceiling is steadily increasing. LGO

Of course Y was lying. But that is what he gets for calling me in the middle of a game.

I believed you. But, I was calling to tell you that ND was not a pair of pants, so maybe we can press them.

I don't know which is crazier - to start watching every game 50 minutes after it starts, or to actually answer the phone while doing so.

Well about that time, I was thinking, dang this blows. And, thinking how much I was looking forward to the SU lax game tomorrow in the Dome.

Now that it is a quarter to 3 today, I’m sitting here thinking what were the odds of what just transpired in the last 24 hours in hoops and lax of actually happening.

Try it once and you will never watch it any other way. It makes the game much less stressful because there are no stops in which to wallow in misery.
Watching live is only tolerable if the product is consistently entertaining.

I’ve watched recorded games when necessary, but I consider the breaks to be a part of the rhythm of the game. Watching it straight through makes it less real. And then, before I figured out I needed to disable all the damned notifications on the phone/ipad, I saw spoiler scores before i reached them in my view. Plus, the game thread is fun when we’re winning and funny when we aren’t. When we are sucking, it’s a distraction.

My dad does it for his Iowa games, but I struggle knowing there is a game going on and I'm not watching it, so I have to watch it live.

Exactly. The entire time my brain would be poking me saying hey buddy, games on right now.

This is great.
My approach of late is to not watch the game or get any kind of update while game is happening, and then check for the final score - and then watch game at a later time, usually w/o getting any info on what happened during game. So yesterday when I checked the final score and saw we won 75-67, I figured "ok cool looks like we held high-powered offense of ND in check pretty well, probably just a hohum close-ish game throughout." When I watched the replay and it got to be a 20pt lead in the 2nd half and they were seemingly on pace to score about 100, I had to make sure I didn't check on the wrong final score.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo123

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom