Oklahoma - Houston (This game needs a thread) | Syracusefan.com

Oklahoma - Houston (This game needs a thread)

Did anyone just see that catch by the Houston wr?
At the game right now. Nearly packed house. Houston is not backing down and OU isn't giving in. This could go to the wire.

Oddly enough, all the complaints about last night's game apply to this game. I think Babers has a good handle on things and will have Syracuse in the Top 25 by the end of next year...or sooner.

Conditioning alone is worth 10 points. Simplified offense, another 10 points. Execution - limitless.

Houston just returned a missed 53 yard field goal for a TD. Up by 9. This place is nuts!

Oklahoma needs to wake up. Houston wants to bury them.

OU not backing down, makes a great play and fumbles. UH recovers and this crowd is busting my eardrums!

Not sure which is more entertaining, the game or my daughter's smack talking each other. The irony here is that their respective husbands are the ones tied to each school. It's good to be the Dad!

Houston vs Syracuse.

1st to 100 points wins.

Not suggesting you're implying this, OX, but we've got a LONG way to go before we'd be able to play Houston...

Hopefully, this is a glimpse into our future, though.

If UConn is serious about a big boy conference, this is the type of game footage they should watch, not Rutgers.

Too late for UConn. They made the wrong hire, focusing on the wrong evaluative criteria [mistaking an AC's recruiting prowess at Notre Dame for what would happen at Storrz State].

And without big conference money, they can't go out and get a big name. They have to hope to catch lightning in a bottle.

I think all Orange fans should watch this game and score each play from both OU and UH perspectives. They would be surprised how many plays they would complain about if Syracuse did the exact same thing.

OK and stoops over think the game way too much on offense.

I like Stoops the guy is a good coach, but he might be the most overrated of the good coaches out there.

Another OU mistakes leads to a UH score, 17-33. 17 minutes plus left in the game.

I like Stoops the guy is a good coach, but he might be the most overrated of the good coaches out there.
Possibly. He has turned over a lot of staff which causes hiccups in the system. I fully get your position and agree he could have done more with what he had.

This crowd seems unhinged. I love it.

Go Cougs.

Can't wait until that's us -- taking it to some traditional power on national TV with the offense clicking on all cylinders.

Are we 1 year away? 2? Longer? Time will tell, but with Dungey and then Culpepper / DeVito waiting in the wings, the foundation is there for sustainable success in this system.

After this year, I'd expect skilled offensive talent to be lining up to play here.

Last edited:
Another OU mistakes leads to a UH score, 17-33. 17 minutes plus left in the game.
That wasn't a PI. These refs have an uncanny way of calling anything on OU and nothing on Houston. Many blatant holds where OU defenders almost lose their jerseys. Regardless, the play calling for OU is driving me insane. Way too conservative. Houston is a good team and you have to come out firing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom