Class of 2021 - OL Diego Pounds (NC) Portal from UNC to Ole Miss | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 OL Diego Pounds (NC) Portal from UNC to Ole Miss

Great. Now UNC is becoming a power just when FSU was slipping. This is why, whenever we win, it's so much sweeter. We face tougher odds. Private, provincial, snowy and having done no so superbly this century. In spite of it all, these are my guys, my team and go friggin' Orange. (BTW, like most of you, I actually go yellow)

Great kid. Should have played for my HS but went to Millbrook magnet (I believe his family had gone there). UNC is making a really good OL.

giphy (3).gif

‘Ol Diego pounds eh? But what position does elder mr pounds play.

Tackle.
DIEGO POUNDS 2021 ENTERS TRANSFER PORTAL FROM UNC/ MILLBROOK HS< RALEIGH, NC
#61 OLT 6' 5" 330

images

ASSETS PER HUDL JUNIOR HS YEAR FILM:

SIZE
STRENGTH
VERY GOOD RUN BLOCKER
EXCELLENT PASS BLOCKER
WILL BLOCK D'LMAN 10 YARDS DOWNFIELD AND PANCAKE HIM

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — North Carolina has lot one of its starters on the offensive line. Left tackle Diego Pounds has entered the transfer portal, sources confirmed to 247Sports on Thursday.

Pounds was in his third season with the team, and his first as a major contributor. He took over as a starter in the early goings of the season. He was listed as the team’s backup left tackle for the season opener against South Carolina, but he cracked the starting lineup against App State during Week 2, playing every offensive snap, and ultimately totaled eight starts on the season.

He finished the season with a 74.0 pass blocking grade, 53.1 run blocking grade and 61.6 overall grade on Pro Football Focus.

Before the season started, Mack Brown said that Pounds would alternate at the tackle spots behind William Barnes and Spencer Rolland.

“He's huge, he's got great feet, he's smart,” Brown said about Pounds in August. “He's been here long enough, he needs to play. So we've told him it's on you. We're gonna have you going against Des Evans and Kaimon Rucker and we're gonna put you out there with the best. And if you can't block them, then you can't block South Carolina. So don't gripe. Block them.”

Pounds joined UNC in 2021 out of Millbrook High School. Listed at 6-foot-5.5, 330 pounds, he was a three-star recruit and the No. 26 player in the state according to the 247Sports Composite rankings.

Inside Carolina spoke with Pounds after UNC’s win against App State in September, and he discussed making his first collegiate start and taking on a higher snap count.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom