Class of 2021 - DL George Rooks (NJ) Portal from Michigan to BC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DL George Rooks (NJ) Portal from Michigan to BC

Visited ND and OSU in the last week. Any chance we get him to visit again before the dead period or is this looking unlikely for us?

Visited ND and OSU in the last week. Any chance we get him to visit again before the dead period or is this looking unlikely for us?
He's a 2021. He can visit but no officials visits until next year. He can always visit after the Dead Period.

George Rooks, 6-5, 260, Jersey City (N.J.) St. Peter’s Prep — A power player with long arms, Rooks played defensive end in a 3-4 defense as a junior. With his height and length, Rooks could stay at defensive end for a 3-4 college defense, or end up inside as a three technique in a 4-3. Rooks is not only a good player, he’s also a very good student. Duke and Notre Dame have offered; Michigan, Rutgers, Miami, Nebraska, Ohio State and several other programs are also involved. From this select list of top-notch defensive tackle prospects, Rooks appears to be the best bet for the Irish.

George Rooks, 6-5, 260, Jersey City (N.J.) St. Peter’s Prep — A power player with long arms, Rooks played defensive end in a 3-4 defense as a junior. With his height and length, Rooks could stay at defensive end for a 3-4 college defense, or end up inside as a three technique in a 4-3. Rooks is not only a good player, he’s also a very good student. Duke and Notre Dame have offered; Michigan, Rutgers, Miami, Nebraska, Ohio State and several other programs are also involved. From this select list of top-notch defensive tackle prospects, Rooks appears to be the best bet for the Irish.
ugh! We need some legacy recruits! Part of the problem with turning our backs on NJ is also turning our backs on all the legacy recruits that grew up there by fathers from the 80's and 90's classes. I know I beat this drum too much for many here, but this is also a reason NJ is important.

ugh! We need some legacy recruits! Part of the problem with turning our backs on NJ is also turning our backs on all the legacy recruits that grew up there by fathers from the 80's and 90's classes. I know I beat this drum too much for many here, but this is also a reason NJ is important.
Remember this is an article written by a Notre Dame writer. Notice he doesn't even mention the SU offer...but mentions the one from Rutgers. ;)

Legacy recruits aren't coming here until we get back to winning at least 8 or 9 games a year or better.

Legacy recruits aren't coming here until we get back to winning at least 8 or 9 games a year or better.
My guess is we will have a better chance with legacies from the next generation (of current players) assuming La Familia is a real thing and Dino retires into the sunset in 10-15 years on good terms.

I hear you, but chicken or egg? We had a legacy transfer from tOSU to Duke and start at a position of great need (Wohlabaugh). With a center, we win more than 5 last season.

I hear you, but chicken or egg? We had a legacy transfer from tOSU to Duke and start at a position of great need (Wohlabaugh). With a center, we win more than 5 last season.
There's still the baby brother in the 2021 class, although SU hasn't offered yet.

His dad was a beast. Would love to see what he can do on the Hill.

This "situation" if you want to call it one isn't unique to Syracuse. To name a few examples Archie Manning (Peyton - Tennessee, Andre Rison (Hunter- Kansas State), Randy Moss (Thaddeus- LSU), Lorenzo Neal (Jr.- Purdue), Ray Lewis (Rashes - Maryland), John Boss (Nick & Joey- OSU), etc. While It is far from automatic that a Legacy recruit goes to their dad's alma mater, it does seem that we almost never get even one though.

While It is far from automatic that a Legacy recruit goes to their dad's alma mater, it does seem that we almost never get even one though.
Both Cooper and Eli went to Ole Miss. Both Bossa boys went to the same school. This last point however, is really my issue.

If we ever get this super talented legacy, it would as big as securing DL Tim Green in '82 and/or DL Ronald Richardson in '76 and also send shock-waves through the state of NJ and the NE. Go Coach White!

It would be great to get a legacy recruit. He would have a great career at SU and would have a good opportunity for early playing time at his position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom