Class of 2021 - DL George Rooks (NJ) Portal from Michigan to BC | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DL George Rooks (NJ) Portal from Michigan to BC

Cuse fam has a lot of love. Earned love. Tough love. Enduring love. When you are with us, we are with you. Forever. It's not a sales pitch. It's the truth. Love BEAR'S DAD message. We're a crusty bunch. Jaded, sarcastic and skeptical. But if you ball out for this community and school you'll be lionized in perpetuity. A legend. Some might promise 4 years of spoils. That's shortsighted and selling yourself short. Bet on you. Bet on Cuse.

Next time you have a thought, keep it to yourself.

2028 makes him 10-11
I
Next time you have a thought, keep it to yourself.

2028 makes him 10-11
images.jpeg.jpg

#1 it wasn't funny
#2 it wasn't nice
#3 it was directed at a players parent who has been nothing but nice/helpful/enthusiastic/positive
#4 it was directed at a parent who is literally telling us his next one is orange also (as long as we are smart enough to keep Dino)
#5 this same parent was telling us we shouldn't be joking about recruits names in threads because it annoys the recipient of said joke

I can tell you if that was me, I wouldn't have appreciated it

Now, your retort? That was funny. He should try more of that, and less of his

#1 it wasn't funny
#2 it wasn't nice
#3 it was directed at a players parent who has been nothing but nice/helpful/enthusiastic/positive
#4 it was directed at a parent who is literally telling us his next one is orange also (as long as we are smart enough to keep Dino)
#5 this same parent was telling us we shouldn't be joking about recruits names in threads because it annoys the recipient of said joke

I can tell you if that was me, I wouldn't have appreciated it

Now, your retort? That was funny. He should try more of that, and less of his
#1 That’s subjective
#2 I have no idea how it was mean, there was zero intent of that
#3 See #2
#4 Seems like the same thing as #3
#5 It was absolutely nothing personal about said recruit, all it was was a joke that 2028 doesn’t seem like a real year to me, let alone one coming up somewhat soon.

The fact that this was taken so hard is actually very surprising to me, there was nothing malicious about it. Also sorry to @BEAR’S DAD if that’s how it was received

Last edited:
#1 That’s subjective
#3 See #2
#5 It was absolutely nothing personal about said recruit, all it was was a joke that 2028 doesn’t seem like a real year to me, let alone one coming up somewhat soon.

The fact that this was taken so hard is actually very surprising to me, there was nothing malicious about it. Also sorry to @BEAR’S DAD if that’s how it was received
Nice try, but you can’t DE-FETUS!!!!!

#1 That’s subjective
#3 See #2

I didn't take it as too offensive, but I now see how it could be taken that way. This mini-derailment is a very good example of the dangers and differences between intent and perception. And it speaks to others' concerns about how posts are interpreted by recruits, their friends/families, and probably our competitors, too, in using it against us. Even the name/pun threads...another example of intent (fun) and perception (rude, insulting) depending on the audience.
I don't know how we navigate this potential minefield safely, while maintaining an open Message Board/Forum. The Mods have a lot to do with it (hat tip to y'all!), but you have to take BEAR'S DAD stance into account as well (in my opinion) as far as maintaining a certain level of civility and positivity. What he said about this was in a different thread, I believe...
It's a conundrum:(

I wonder if the 3-3-5 is more of a selling point for him instead of the what he can see on tape with Robinson and Coleman?

Toad with the obligatory hail mary article. You'll note a certain school not mentioned. (did he go out of his way not to mention ?)

Rooks doesnt have rutgers in his top 6 so you do an article about them keeping in touch while leaving out the 2 other schools that are obviously doing more than keeping in touch? Toad is clueless.

Last edited:
Toad blows. He knows where his bread is buttered. Pump up a sickly Buttgers program and denigrate their rivals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom