Class of 2021 - DL George Rooks (NJ) Portal from Michigan to BC | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DL George Rooks (NJ) Portal from Michigan to BC

I certainly hope George Rooks doesn't decide today's a good day to google his name. Why can't we discuss a recruit for once? Why not watch his tape and discuss his potential?

We can do nonsense like this on the football board.
His recruitment is certainly an interesting chess match. I hope we're not just pawns in it. ;)

SU is closing in on him!!!!! Chip telling him he is perfect DL for 3-3-5. Reel him in guys
Until this program wins more games consistently, we are not getting players of this caliber.

Ishaq Williams, Ebenezer Ogundeko, Adisa Issac...we do this every year to ourselves. Ugh

Why? Has the potential changed since his video was last viewed? Has he played more games.
At a very early point in time it all becomes re-hash of re-hash of the same comments by people who have never seen the kid or talked to him. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
Absent new information, these side trips are fun.
Or, someone could deep dive into a tape and give their evaluation. I'd rather that than some nonsense about commercials from the 80s or whatever that was.

But whatever. I guess it's better than General Joe popping up and just making up information.

Can't imagine the 2021 kids are too worried about not being able to play next year.
[/QUOTE]
If the big 10 doesn't play and acc does, I think it could help in the sense you'll have guys at Michigan with a extra year of eligibility creating a log jam on the depth chart

Or, someone could deep dive into a tape and give their evaluation. I'd rather that than some nonsense about commercials from the 80s or whatever that was.

But whatever. I guess it's better than General Joe popping up and just making up information.
How many on here are qualified enough to do that? Haven't those guys already expressed their opinion?

Michigan fans must be wondering why he hasn't committed yet to their dormant program.

Michigan fans must be wondering why he hasn't committed yet to their dormant program.
I doubt it. In their eyes, he is a dime a dozen. In ours, he would be the highest ranked recruit since the ratings system was created.

Not much recent info on Rooks on MGOBLOG.
Last update was 7/9 and he was listed as:

7440356258_775c2effe8_o.jpg
Mr. BluePlayer is either a verbal or is expected to be one sooner or later. Players with this designation are 65%+ to be Michigan commits.

George RooksNJ****Cuse Michigan, PSU, Miami, Pitt, BC
7440356258_775c2effe8_o.jpg
Visited for PSU

No one has to be qualified to do that. Not many people on this board actually do that. That's why it's all stupid name puns and arguments about our recruiting class rankings half the time
Oh. I thought you wanted legitimate insight.

Rooks is a great talent. I like posts about him a lot more than pompous takes from self-appointed 'mods'. j/s :)
your lack of self awareness is astounding

If they actually are able to play ball this fall and the defense looks good - I have to think the combination of Dino, Tony White and Monroe will have every chance to win this recruiting battle while the B1G sits idle and fights among themselves.

I was wondering if this might open the door a little wider with him too. Also curious (read: dreaming) if this might open doors with other legacy recruits committed to other B1G schools? If wishes were fishes, right?

I love watching tape. I'm not a coach, though, so when I get insights from friends in the industry, or folks like Money and JackBauer and a few others on this board it teaches me something. And allows me to get an idea of how a kid will look in Orange.

Wish we had more of that is all I'm saying.
Exactly my point. I like seeing their insight too and pay special attention when I see that they've posted. The people trying to have some fun when little is going on are not those guys. So telling people to stop posting frivolous harmless stuff is essentially telling people to regurgitate what has already been said or don't bother posting unless you're one of the above.

Haven't you ever hung out with friends when a conversation takes a stupid goofy direction that eventually has everyone laughing?

Last edited:
If they actually are able to play ball this fall and the defense looks good - I have to think the combination of Dino, Tony White and Monroe will have every chance to win this recruiting battle while the B1G sits idle and fights among themselves.
IMHO we have two legs up this year: 1) Covid (unfortunately) has leveled the recruiting playing field by making everything virtual; and 2) the BiG 10 isn't playing. I hope that combination gets us over the top for Rooks. We need to do better with legacy talent and this is a big opportunity.

Last edited:
IMHO we have two legs up this year: 1) Covid (unfortunately) has leveled the recruiting playing field by making everything virtual; and 2) the BiG 10 isn't playing. I hope that combination gets us over the top for Rooks. We need to do better with legacy talent and this is a big opportunity.

Agreed 144%.

Rooks would be just a pawn at Michigan.
He would be the king at Syracuse.

/end bad name puns. :p

I don't see how the B1G not playing is a factor. He'll be on campus next season.

I don't see how the B1G not playing is a factor. He'll be on campus next season.
Don't you think we'd be stressing out if the ACC threw in the towel while the B1G forged on?
Being on stage is better for recruiting than hiding in a safe place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom