This is a beautiful post. Thank youI really hope George Rooks commits EARLY and becomes Orange!
Why? Well because the greatest way for any Son to let his father know he loves him and appreciates him is to take what he accomplished to the next level especially in football.
I'm sure George Sr. reared him to be his own Man and make his own decisions, but trust me; If George signs with Syracuse his father will cry tears of joy & his son's decision will confirm his awesome job as a Father even more.
6 REASONS FOR GEORGE ROOKS TO COMMIT EARLY:
1. Coach Reynolds is a strong silent coach who reminds me of a guy who kept me on the right track when I was younger. Bear (my son) met him before he came to Syracuse & I told him that's who your playing for. I liked Reynolds because he's not soft like many coaches are and I told him to even put his hands on my Son if necessary. It just so happened that when Reynold's came to Syracuse Bear flipped to CUSE. Coach Reynolds is an awesome coach who really develops players to be their best. *Please NOTE: Bear could've gone to UM free - His mom worked there. Bear could've gone to UF when McElwain was there - Deal was in done, or FSU when Jimbo was there - Deal sowed up at FSU camp. However, His mom is a New Yorker and loved Syracuse plus I've recruited so many 4 & 5 star players for other coaches I opted to keep her HAPPY & told Bear to commit before he leaves NY on his visit because I like Reynolds.
2. Coach Babers is not just a great coach, but an awesome person. I even wrote the AD an email and let him know that as good as Bear is my younger Son will surpass him. Additionally, I told the AD that Matthew (my youngest son) will
ONLY sign with and play for Coach Babers.
Why? Listen most coaches talk about Family, but they really don't mean it. In fact, most of the coaches who are using the term are copying coach Babers because he practically coined the term. More importantly, Coach Babers is personally pitching Rooks which speaks volumes to the respect level he GENUINELY has for the ROOK HOUSEHOLD.
3. Every DAD wants his SON to build on and go further than they did. For George to pick up where his dad left off and make it to the NFL would be the most euphoric thing that will ever happen to not only George SR. and his son's relationship, but their family as a whole.
4. This is Bear's (McKinley Williams, III) last year at NG. Which means with proper training, & summer enrollment to learn the plays George can Plug & Play from DAY 1.
5. The fruit never falls far from the tree. In reality, why should it? The greatest tribute George can pay his father is to commit early to Syracuse, play games wearing his fathers old football #, and give George SR. a hug after every game & tell him " I LOVE YOU DADDY! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING."
6. SYRACUSE ARE THE ROOTS & BIG GEORGE IS THE TREE & GEORGE (the son) IS THE FRUIT THAT (hopefully) WON'T FALL FAR FROM THE TREE BY COMMITTING TO SYRACUSE EARLY SO HE CAN GET READY TO CONTINUE THE LEGACY..GO ORANGE!!
p.s. THIS IS BEAR'S (MY SON) LAST YEAR @ NG - THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME GEORGE...