Class of 2021 - DL George Rooks (NJ) Portal from Michigan to BC | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DL George Rooks (NJ) Portal from Michigan to BC

Does Chestnut's commitment have any impact on Rooks? Does the commitment of a highly rated NJ guy help at all? Do these guys have any kind of relationship?

I'm no recruiting expert, but the excitment of Chestnut's decision has me hopeful here, so I'd like to hear what the recruiting guys think.
Camden and Jersey City aren't anywhere close and they don't play each other. Unfortunately.

Last edited:
Camden and Jersey City aren't anywhere close and they don't play each other. Unfortunately.
So no impact. Oh well. I didn't know if there was a chance they cross paths at combines or off season camps since they're in the same state.

I get that, I hope so too. But one of his questions was do they have any kind of relationship. So was answering that.
Found a way to be mean and you just couldn't resist. You ru...well, you know

What are the chances here ? It seems to be pretty quiet lately
Not great. Michigan’s been a significant favorite. Anythings possible with some late cycle momentum though. Nearly certain he’s been a take at Michigan. Need the right dominoes to fall I suppose.

goes without saying. Alabama is scared to death of Rutgers. Oh, and Rooks is great.
Rooks is incredible. There is likely no fanbase that would value him the way Syracuse would for a number of reasons. He is a legacy. We think very highly of his father here. We passionately want to get back to greatness, and we know he would be a big part of it. He wouldn't be just another high end recruit. He would be on the front wave of the new golden era of Syracuse Football. He would be remembered for that.

Rooks is incredible. There is likely no fanbase that would value him the way Syracuse would for a number of reasons. He is a legacy. We think very highly of his father here. We passionately want to get back to greatness, and we know he would be a big part of it. He wouldn't be just another high end recruit. He would be on the front wave of the new golden era of Syracuse Football. He would be remembered for that.
Hell, he could probably be elected Mayor of the city at some future date! ;)

I certainly hope George Rooks doesn't decide today's a good day to google his name. Why can't we discuss a recruit for once? Why not watch his tape and discuss his potential?

We can do nonsense like this on the football board.

I certainly hope George Rooks was just going to verbal to Cuse, but then decided to google his name, found this thread, and decided that Cuse fans are not nearly serious enough in their fan chat rooms, so he opted for the brick and khaki of Michigan instead.

Because that would be a shame. ;)

The longer he keeps his recruitment open, the better. In this thread, no news is good news. People are kevetching about our schedule but we have an experienced and healthy QB, hopefully a more established oline(given experience and growth), a new attacking defense that could catch teams off guard early...you get a couple wins...maybe the legacy starts buying what the new DC and Babers are selling. Ya never know...

The longer he keeps his recruitment open, the better. In this thread, no news is good news. People are kevetching about our schedule but we have an experienced and healthy QB, hopefully a more established oline(given experience and growth), a new attacking defense that could catch teams off guard early...you get a couple wins...maybe the legacy starts buying what the new DC and Babers are selling. Ya never know...

Agree 144%.

If he was totally sold on being a Michigan Man, he’d have already verballed there by now.

He had a UM campus visit a few weeks back, so you’d think if he was gonna opt for brick & khakis, that woulda been the time.

I sure hope Swag Daddy is among the group of coaches recruiting young Mr Rooks.
Coffee is for closers!

If George Rooks chose SU, it would be (in the words of Coach Mac) "a beautiful thing." And although I'm biased, I think he's best suited in Orange for reasons Orangefog so eloquently elucidated:

I don't know if there's a pathway for Mr. Rooks to commit here, but if that route was greased with the anticipatory joy of corralling a legacy recruit of this caliber, and he were to venture down that pathway just a little ways, he'd never turn back. He'd be Orange.

If George Rooks chose SU, it would be (in the words of Coach Mac) "a beautiful thing." And although I'm biased, I think he's best suited in Orange for reasons Orangefog so eloquently elucidated:

I don't know if there's a pathway for Mr. Rooks to commit here, but if that route was greased with the anticipatory joy of corralling a legacy recruit of this caliber, and he were to venture down that pathway just a little ways, he'd never turn back. He'd be Orange.
Thanks, man.

Have to wonder how the covid situation might play into recruiting here.

Not that Michigan is a bad school by any means but if football is not an option, as is currently the case for big ten schools, do you want to be in Ann Arbor or a much shorter car ride away in Syracuse? May well be reason to pause and reconsider.
Hopefully his father has the same level of fondness of his Syracuse experience as the fan base has for him.

Was my thought exactly. I'd resigned myself that he was gone for sure.

nothing personal but I don’t know how accurate that info is. There is nothing particular about how SU is closing in on him. Insiders to information usually lay out some particulars and I would love to be wrong here, but until I hear something as to why they are getting closer on him, I’m assuming he’s not going to SU

Have to wonder how the covid situation might play into recruiting here.

Not that Michigan is a bad school by any means but if football is not an option, as is currently the case for big ten schools, do you want to be in Ann Arbor or a much shorter car ride away in Syracuse? May well be reason to pause and reconsider.
Hopefully his father has the same level of fondness of his Syracuse experience as the fan base has for him.
Can't imagine the 2021 kids are too worried about not being able to play next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom