Class of 2021 - DL George Rooks (NJ) Portal from Michigan to BC | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DL George Rooks (NJ) Portal from Michigan to BC

As mentioned in other threads maybe the young man wants to create his own path. Would be a great get. Maybe once we put some winning seasons together, the players will be more receptive to the legacy opportunities.

A little disappointed the other schools are in contact w/ him more. If we're going to lose him, don't want it to be due to lack of contact.

Well, it's also possible he gave us the "thanks, but no thanks" answer already.
and/or
It obvious he's not interested in being a legacy (see: Marvin's kid and tOSU).
AND
Toad is a pro at spinning things in a pro-SUNJ / anti-Syracuse manner.

Has seemed like it's been 70% Michigan, 20% Cuse, 10% Other for a while.
(I could be totally wrong on this, so "people who know things" - feel free to correct this if I'm way off)

Well, it's also possible he gave us the "thanks, but no thanks" answer already.
and/or
It obvious he's not interested in being a legacy (see: Marvin's kid and tOSU).
AND
Toad is a pro at spinning things in a pro-SUNJ / anti-Syracuse manner.

Has seemed like it's been 70% Michigan, 20% Cuse, 10% Other for a while.
(I could be totally wrong on this, so "people who know things" - feel free to correct this if I'm way off)
Until we start winning don't expect any of the legacy recruits to come here. We need to put players in the NFL in the early rounds to get interest from legacy recruits.

Until we start winning don't expect any of the legacy recruits to come here. We need to put players in the NFL in the early rounds to get interest from legacy recruits.
It's one thing if he goes to Michigan or Penn State, but Pitt and BC is in his top 4 over us.

BC & Pitt go to bowl games on the regular.
And put guys into the NFL.
We do not.

Simple as that. Sadly.
Pitt's D line is nasty also. I can see why he would listen to them.

I don't hold any dreams of landing Rooks but I also don't read into the comment of who's contacting him the most as having any bearing on the outcome.

BC is not even in his stated top 6. So the writer took the liberty to put them into a top 4 because they call him the most? That's ridiculous.

In mid-May Rvls was pegging Syracuse as the leader. rvls seriously. Even Dohn has put Syracuse in the top mix.

BC & Pitt go to bowl games on the regular.
And put guys into the NFL.
We do not.

Simple as that. Sadly.
Well, if we can't beat out Pitt and BC for recruits, especially legacies, will be tough to ever get better. We do have the reigning NFL Defensive player of the year as an alum, as well as a 4th/5th round draft pick from this past NFL draft.

Last edited:
I don't hold any dreams of landing Rooks but I also don't read into the comment of who's contacting him the most as having any bearing on the outcome.

BC is not even in his stated top 6. So the writer took the liberty to put them into a top 4 because they call him the most? That's ridiculous.

In mid-May Rvls was pegging Syracuse as the leader. rvls seriously. Even Dohn has put Syracuse in the top mix.
All great points. Makes no sense to deliberately leave Cuse out based on other credible reports.

I read somewhere where Dino is the one that has been in communication with Rooks. I also see on other sites where su is in consideration. In the end he may go to Michigan, but I personally feel he would have better exposure (getting on the field sooner) and career at su. Time will tell.

I read somewhere where Dino is the one that has been in communication with Rooks. I also see on other sites where su is in consideration. In the end he may go to Michigan, but I personally feel he would have better exposure (getting on the field sooner) and career at su. Time will tell.
If he's good, he's likely getting on the field by year 2 at either place and it's extremely rare for anyone to make a big impact as a freshman on the DL, at least for us. Pretty tough for us to go head to head with Michigan, better academics and better football. Staff has to do incredible work to keep it close.

If he's good, he's likely getting on the field by year 2 at either place and it's extremely rare for anyone to make a big impact as a freshman on the DL, at least for us. Pretty tough for us to go head to head with Michigan, better academics and better football. Staff has to do incredible work to keep it close.
Pretty sure he'd be able to get on the field quicker here if he's good. They're a factory.

Pretty sure he'd be able to get on the field quicker here if he's good. They're a factory.
I agree that it should certainly be easier to break into our 2 deep then theirs. Also imagine that the high ranked kids get the same pitch from all schools. You'll be able to come in and compete for playing time right away. I don't think Dino is calling them up and saying "Hey, our roster is weak and you'll definitely be starting as a freshman."

I agree that it should certainly be easier to break into our 2 deep then theirs. Also imagine that the high ranked kids get the same pitch from all schools. You'll be able to come in and compete for playing time right away. I don't think Dino is calling them up and saying "Hey, our roster is weak and you'll definitely be starting as a freshman."
I do not think Dino promises starting time to any player. In fact, I think it is the exact opposite. I feel Dino is extremely honest with all the recruits. That may be a detriment unfortunately to recruiting compared to the used car salesmen approach other coaches but I would not want it any other way.

Legacies will not come to Cuse until they win on consistent basis or get people into draft like the big boys. Seriously why come to SU when you have the other options that clearly equate to success ?

Legacies will not come to Cuse until they win on consistent basis or get people into draft like the big boys. Seriously why come to SU when you have the other options that clearly equate to success ?
Because there's a family tradition there, and you don't have to sit on the bench for 3 years behind a bunch of other 4/5 stars?

So you don't have to sit on the bench for 3 years behind a bunch of other 4/5 stars?

If you’re that good and you believe in your abilities you’re not worried about anyone else and believe you will earn your spot ...Also, why would you not want to surround yourself with the best competition possible ? SU unfortunately has not proven anything but 1 great season in the last 10+ with very few draft picks. Not sure why our fan base thinks we are entitled to these kids because their dad played 30 years ago. I love this team as much as anyone but I’m also aware that there are much better options when it comes to a very high recruit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom