Class of 2021 - DL George Rooks (NJ) Portal from Michigan to BC | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DL George Rooks (NJ) Portal from Michigan to BC

If you’re that good and you believe in your abilities you’re not worried about anyone else and believe you will earn your spot ...Also, why would you not want to surround yourself with the best competition possible ? SU unfortunately has not proven anything but 1 great season in the last 10+ with very few draft picks. Not sure why our fan base thinks we are entitled to these kids because their dad played 30 years ago. I love this team as much as anyone but I’m also aware that there are much better options when it comes to a very high recruit
Not sure why you use the word "entitled". I don't think anyone on here thinks he "owes" us something. We just hope his family legacy is a factor. Playing time is also something I hope he thinks about - competing is good, playing is great. SU has had some success recently with D linemen in the NFL when we have the talent to work with - GR has that talent. He'd be playing closer to NJ for a dynamic, rising coach in Dino. And White's 335 is going to be crazy. Sure, Michigan's a great program, and he may end up there (BOL). But it's not the only choice.

Last edited:
If you’re that good and you believe in your abilities you’re not worried about anyone else and believe you will earn your spot ...Also, why would you not want to surround yourself with the best competition possible ? SU unfortunately has not proven anything but 1 great season in the last 10+ with very few draft picks. Not sure why our fan base thinks we are entitled to these kids because their dad played 30 years ago. I love this team as much as anyone but I’m also aware that there are much better options when it comes to a very high recruit
No one thinks we're entitled to anyone. When we've got talented enough guys (Justin Pugh, Chandler Jones, Alton Robinson), they've gotten drafted. We just need to get more of them.

Visited Michigan over the weekend. Think this ones pretty much a done deal.

Visited Michigan over the weekend. Think this ones pretty much a done deal.
It may be, but he has been to su multiple times. Maybe just wants to check out all his options.

CB's went in weeks ago when it was known he was visiting there. Im sure he loved the visit. It wouldn't be a surprise if he committed there.

I have no idea what SU does to keep former players connected to the family of athletics and the university. But I hope it’s more than simply inviting them back every 25 years to celebrate some season or anniversary, or worse, just to ask for donations. Hopefully SU invites them
Back regularly just to attend games, see the facilities, visit with players or network with coaches and players.

... and not just former players who have kids of recruitment age.

This would go a long way to build school loyalty and affinity with the next generation of legacy recruits.

I have no idea what SU does to keep former players connected to the family of athletics and the university. But I hope it’s more than simply inviting them back every 25 years to celebrate some season or anniversary, or worse, just to ask for donations. Hopefully SU invites them
Back regularly just to attend games, see the facilities, visit with players or network with coaches and players.

... and not just former players who have kids of recruitment age.

This would go a long way to build school loyalty and affinity with the next generation of legacy recruits.
Hate to say it but the former players who have kids coming up now were all here when Pasqualoni was the coach. I have a feeling that the way Paul was ushered out left some bad feelings out there.

Hate to say it but the former players who have kids coming up now were all here when Pasqualoni was the coach. I have a feeling that the way Paul was ushered out left some bad feelings out there.

P getting canned was decades ago.

Probably more that Marrone didn't want alumni involved during his tenure, and of course -
He Who Shall Not Be Mentioned certainly didn't help any.
That's an 8+ year gap between those 2.

But mostly - those parents played for Syracuse when we were good/great.
We won a lot.
They want their kids to play for a winner, too.

Right now - we're not.

Of course, chicken and egg -
IF we could get a few stud Legacy 'croots to sign on the Orange line which is dotted, then we'd be a winner more consistently.

P getting canned was decades ago.

Probably more that Marrone didn't want alumni involved during his tenure, and of course -
He Who Shall Not Be Mentioned certainly didn't help any.
That's an 8+ year gap between those 2.

But mostly - those parents played for Syracuse when we were good/great.
We won a lot.
They want their kids to play for a winner, too.

Right now - we're not.

Of course, chicken and egg -
IF we could get a few stud Legacy 'croots to sign on the Orange line which is dotted, then we'd be a winner more consistently.

exactly, they want their kids to play for a winner and they want their kids to go to the NFL. Syracuse has provided neither of those things in recent years.

exactly, they want their kids to play for a winner and they want their kids to go to the NFL. Syracuse has provided neither of those things in recent years.
Legacies realize that the second of those is all about the kids' talent, not the program.

Seems like UMich D lineman are getting drafted every year.

Agree that winning cures all. But in the meantime, you do all you can do to help the situation. Which was the point of the post. Keep those former players plugged in. Let them know they are welcome. Their kids will soak it up by osmosis just the way young fans do from parents. And then when we’re winning... watch out.

Agree that winning cures all. But in the meantime, you do all you can do to help the situation. Which was the point of the post. Keep those former players plugged in. Let them know they are welcome. Their kids will soak it up by osmosis just the way young fans do from parents. And then when we’re winning... watch out.
Yes. Good points

Don't believe we will get any legacy recruits, until we become a winning program again.
You would think that the legacy kids would want to get together and get the team on the winning track again. As far as some of them wanting to play for a winning school to get to the big league I understand especially if their talent is border line, but kids like Marvin Harrison Jr and Rooks has NFL draft all over them.

You would think that the legacy kids would want to get together and get the team on the winning track again. As far as some of them wanting to play for a winning school to get to the big league I understand especially if their talent is border line, but kids like Marvin Harrison Jr and Rooks has NFL draft all over them.
Im not trying to be funny but the kids today are the opposite of that. They dont think that way.

Legacies realize that the second of those is all about the kids' talent, not the program.
But given the choice...any kid would rather do both. Winning is awfully fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom