Pennsylvania
Pittsburgh
Princeton
Richmond
Syracuse
Tulane
William & Mary
Yale

This has probably been asked before but since Ivy League schools don’t offer athletic scholarships, what kind of financial aid do they give to football players?

Those Ivy offers have to be hard to turn down.

# 77 JON MOULD XAVERIAN BROTHERS HS WESTWOOD, MA 2023
6' 6" 295

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:
SIZE & STRENGTH
QUICK FIRST STEP
AGILE
RUNS WELL FOR HIS SIZE
USES HANDS WELL
BALANCED
WILL NOT LET DL NEAR QB WHEN PB
VERY GOOD RUN BLOCKING

GOOD OFFER

This has probably been asked before but since Ivy League schools don’t offer athletic scholarships, what kind of financial aid do they give to football players?

1st is financial need. Then there are all types of miscellaneous scholarships with flexible qualifications they can use.

He'll have to visit this next week or wait until the end of July/August.

• June 27 – July 24, 2022: Dead period

1st is financial need. Then there are all types of miscellaneous scholarships with flexible qualifications they can use.
I think some of the Ivys waive at least tuition if family income is below a certain amount.

I think some of the Ivys waive at least tuition if family income is below a certain amount.

A majority of ivy’s are full need financial aid offers, that’s both regular students and athletes. Anyone who has ever filled out a FAFSA knows that the federal government may have a different idea on what “need” is. It’s up to the university (and their endowment) on how much need they want to meet.

Needs based. Saw a report someplace that Harvard was the best educational buy due to all the money they shell out

A majority of ivy’s are full need financial aid offers, that’s both regular students and athletes. Anyone who has ever filled out a FAFSA knows that the federal government may have a different idea on what “need” is. It’s up to the university (and their endowment) on how much need they want to meet.

My understanding is you are paying close to nothing if you go to an ivy league school as an athlete. They backfill w grants if financial aid isn't achieved. The differentiator is the money schools actually pay to players now via stipend at say Syracuse and UConn vs Cornell.

My understanding is you are paying close to nothing if you go to an ivy league school as an athlete. They backfill w grants if financial aid isn't achieved. The differentiator is the money schools actually pay to players now via stipend at say Syracuse and UConn vs Cornell.

There's a vast difference in sports where this happens and how this works. I recruit against a lot of ivy schools and their offers are how I remain competitive.

When my buddy's son chose Army, he did it over Princeton. Princeton could provide a substantial amount of aid/academic scholarship, but not all of it. When Army cut his son after his freshman year, they reached out to Princeton again. The issue at that time was not the aid, but the enrollment deadline. Princeton, at least, has a hard cutoff and even the head football coach doesn't have the power to get the Admissions department to make an exception. So, he ended up at Rice...as a preferred walk-on...with some financial aid.

When my buddy's son chose Army, he did it over Princeton. Princeton could provide a substantial amount of aid/academic scholarship, but not all of it. When Army cut his son after his freshman year, they reached out to Princeton again. The issue at that time was not the aid, but the enrollment deadline. Princeton, at least, has a hard cutoff and even the head football coach doesn't have the power to get the Admissions department to make an exception. So, he ended up at Rice...as a preferred walk-on...with some financial aid.

Must be a bright kid [Army, Princeton, Rice].

Glad he landed somewhere on par academically. Huge fan of Rice University.

This is a guy who doesn't fit the mold of what you'd expect from a highly recruited D-1 player

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom