Class of 2017 - OL Tyran Hunt (VA) Grad Transfer from Maryland | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 OL Tyran Hunt (VA) Grad Transfer from Maryland

Good quickness get off the line. This would be a nice get. Great size

Encouraging article. Probably our priority Tackle target left. Would be a huge land.

Any word on how his visit went and or did he show up?
:noidea:

Nothing showing up on his twitter. Remember ACC Media Days were last week. He could have rescheduled.
Apparently he was never scheduled to visit last week. Bad rumor

Seriously though. Virginia ain't THAT far from Cuse. Not like it's Alabama, Georgia or Florida or something. And we gets plenty of kids from Florida

Seriously though. Virginia ain't THAT far from Cuse. Not like it's Alabama, Georgia or Florida or something. And we gets plenty of kids from Florida
I doubt that you have ever been to this area of Virginia. He comes from a tiny town in VA on the border of NC. Living in the south I can only guess at the demographics but it is probably a place where everyone knows each other. For him a school in NC or VA would allow his family to see his games easily.

7-8 hours to get there from Syracuse.

I doubt that you have ever been to this area of Virginia. He comes from a tiny town in VA on the border of NC. Living in the south I can only guess at the demographics but it is probably a place where everyone knows each other. For him a school in NC or VA would allow his family to see his games easily.
Never been there but completely understand geography. If it's "one of the best schools" I don't understand why 7-8 hours has to make that much of a difference. Kids from further away come to Syracuse all the time.

Just don't like it when a recruit seemingly loves Syracuse but family talks them out of the commitment because of distance. Unsure how many times this has happened in the last couple decades, but I'm willing to bet it's more than 3 x

Never been there but completely understand geography. If it's "one of the best schools" I don't understand why 7-8 hours has to make that much of a difference. Kids from further away come to Syracuse all the time.

Just don't like it when a recruit seemingly loves Syracuse but family talks them out of the commitment because of distance. Unsure how many times this has happened in the last couple decades, but I'm willing to bet it's more than 3 x

It's not about geography.

Some families want to see there child play on a regular basis, or just visit regularly. It's a long trip and not inexpensive. For some families the $200-$400 cost is too much. Some might not be able to take that that much time from work regularly.
My 3rd child is at Stony Brook. Making a trip there is a weekend commitment. Hard to do with other kids at home doing their thing.
Never judge another person's reasons for deciding where to to school.

Some families want to see there child play on a regular basis, or just visit regularly. It's a long trip and not inexpensive. For some families the $200-$400 cost is too much. Some might not be able to take that that much time from work regularly.
My 3rd child is at Stony Brook. Making a trip there is a weekend commitment. Hard to do with other kids at home doing their thing.
Never judge another person's reasons for deciding where to to school.
Well, I think what I'm saying here is it's fine if a recruit makes that choice, as in they don't like the idea that it will be tough for their family to come and see them play.

And also what I am saying is it's not fine if a family makes that choice for the recruit. "You shouldn't go there because it's just going to be too hard for us to watch you play live."

When CuseLegacy makes it a point to say that Hunt's "distance" comment is not about geography, I take that to mean that Syracuse is too distant in culture from anything the recruit has experienced. But again, that should be the recruit's choice, not the family's. Not saying that is the case here, but when I read the article it sounded eerily like family was pushing for another choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom