Class of 2018 - OL Donovan Noel (NC) Verbal to ECU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OL Donovan Noel (NC) Verbal to ECU

NC'cusefan so coach do you know anything about this kid. I think I have heard his name before.

Last edited:
Free Article

Noel thinking about enrolling early

Dale McDuffie
06/02/2017 / Originally published onGoJackets.com
Millbrook High School in Raleigh, North Carolina has a history of producing division one football talent. Offensive line recruit Donovan Noel is the latest Millbrook player that is catching the eye of college coaches.

Georgia Tech is the latest school to offer Noel. “My head coach called me into his office and told me that Coach (Ron) West had offered me and that I should call him.” Donovan made the call and the two of them talked about Donovan coming to Atlanta for a visit. “I really want to get down there to see the school and meet the coaches.” Noel has heard good things about the coaching staff and the academics at Tech.

The offer from Tech brings Donovan’s total to 14. In addition to Tech, Purdue and Boston College are his other P5 offers. Donovan is working on taking unofficial visits to these schools as well as attending camps this summer. “We are looking at visiting Purdue but it is pretty far away and we are looking to see if it is better to drive or fly there. As far as Boston College goes, we are playing that by ear.” Noel plans to attend camps at Georgia, Clemson and Duke. Maryland is also a possibility.

Not all of the schools recruiting Donovan are looking at him as an offensive lineman. “Actually one of the Georgia coaches I know really likes me as a defensive lineman and they are recruiting me to play there.” The remainder of the schools recruiting Donovan like him as an offensive guard or tackle. “I prefer to be an offensive tackle and I think Georgia Tech wants me to play there.” Donovan likes the Tech system and how they use their offensive linemen. “I think I would be a great fit there.”

Donovan plans to use the summer to cut his offer list to a top five. “By the end of the summer and before school starts, I’ll pick the school I want to attend.” Noel is thinking about possibly being an early enrollee. Even if he doesn’t enroll early, Donovan still plans to graduate early. “If I don’t enroll early, I’ll use the second half of my senior year to get my mind and my body ready for college.”

Three factors will play into Donovan’s college decision. “I want a great strength and conditioning program. I want the program to build me up to be the best I can be in strength and endurance.” Donovan will also be looking for a school with a family feel and finally he’ll be looking closely at each school’s coaching staff.

NC'cusefan so coach do you know anything about this kid. I think I have heard his name before.
I haven't coached against Millbrook in a long time but this kid has been the big OLman in front of some DI runningbacks. The tape of him playing against the team in white with the blue helmets is against the state champions who had at least 4 DI players in their front 7. I coach with a Millbrook coach now and will ask abut him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom