Class of 2016 - OL Jack Wohlabaugh (OH) Committed to Ohio State/Transferring to Duke | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OL Jack Wohlabaugh (OH) Committed to Ohio State/Transferring to Duke

Offers include...

Kentucky, Minnie, BC, Cincy, Purdue, Syracuse

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/varsity-l...esuit-earns-eighth-scholarship-offer-1.567363

Varsity Letters

Jack Wohlabaugh of Walsh Jesuit earns eighth scholarship offer
By Michael Beaven Published: February 16, 2015

Walsh Jesuit junior offensive lineman Jack Wohlabaugh added his eighth football scholarship offer recently, according to ScoutingOhio.com.

Kentucky is the latest offer Wohlabaugh, who is 6-foot-4 and 275 pounds. He also has scholarship offers from the University of Akron, Boston College, Cincinnati, Kent State, Purdue, Toledo and Western Michigan.

Wohlabaugh’s father, Dave Wohlabaugh, 42, is a retired NFL offensive lineman from New York. Dave Wohlabaugh played in college at Syracuse University, and then nine seasons in the NFL with the New England Patriots (1995-1998), Cleveland Browns (1999-2002) and the St. Louis Rams (2003).

Things are a wee bit different in our program since his dad played here. His dad was beating Colorado in the Fiesta Bowl, we needed a fake FG/TD pass by our punter to beat an FCS team in double OT last year. But that's just quibbling, dammit I want this kid!

Things are a wee bit different in our program since his dad played here. His dad was beating Colorado in the Fiesta Bowl, we needed a fake FG/TD pass by our punter to beat an FCS team in double OT last year. But that's just quibbling, dammit I want this kid!

Everything in life is cyclical.:)

Free article...

http://recruiting.At their request,...m_medium=HootSuitePost&utm_campaign=HootSuite

http://imgix.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./147/1479680.jpg?w=600&h=360&fit=max
Mar 10, 2015 | 09:45 am
Michigan Next For Wohlabaugh?
Bill GreeneOhio recruiting analyst
Jack Wohlabaugh, is not only the son of former NFL player Dave Wohlabaugh, but also one of the top offensive line prospects in the state of Ohio for the class of 2015.
A guard prospect, the 6-foot-4, 280-pound, Wohlabaugh has seen his recruitment take off this year. He currently holds double-digit offers, including Kentucky, Minnesota, Boston College, Cincinnati and Purdue.
Wohlabaugh is also hearing from most of the top powers in the Midwest, including Ohio State and Michigan. He has visited Ohio State already, and a conversation with assistant coach Greg Mattison will see him in Ann Arbor soon.
"I sent Michigan my film a while ago and never heard anything from them," Wohlabaugh stated. "Then, out of the blue, he started following me on Twitter and he direct messaged me to call him last week."
"We spoke on the phone and it was mostly just small talk at first," he added. "We talked about my school, and then we started talking about my film. He said they liked that I'm a nasty player, and I play real low. They want me to come up for a spring practice and I am going there March 21."
Michigan ranks high on Wohlabaugh's list, and it's a school he would love to have an offer from. His father is familiar with Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh from their days in the NFL.
"Hearing from Michigan was great and I'm definitely interested," he explained. "In my mind, I always pictured them wanting their linemen to be 6-foot-5 or 6-foot-6, and I wasn't really expecting to hear from them. Once we spoke, I'm very high on them."
"I know under Coach Harbaugh things are going to be a lot better, and he's a proven coach," he continued. "My dad played against Coach Harbaugh in the NFL, and he's pretty excited for us to get up there and check everything out. I would definitely love to have an offer from them."

well here's where the rubber meets the road right? a high major legacy. if we were recruiting against it the expectation would be for the kid to follow his Dad and it would be considered a long shot. With an SU legacy i'd expect to be one of the hats on the table in February; and considered the favorite.

Does Dave Wohlabaugh still have a good relationship with SU in general? Or kind of indifferent?

Yeah, thanks Mr. personality. Was Joe Ehrmann one of those players also. I know we missed out on his son Joey. I think he went to Wake Forrest. I thought we had a pretty good shot at landing him. It would be nice to get a kid whose father played here in the past. It doesn't seem like it has happened here as of late.

From his film: he has a good motor; persistence throughout the play; plays o-line with aggression and passion; body positioning, for a High School lineman is major recruit worthy, and has solid bloodlines which are connected to the Cuse!

What's not to like? The challenge for this staff is to prove they can recruit with anyone by getting
Jack Wohlabaugh's signature on a LOI! Let's hope his father, Dave, feels good about his years at Syracuse and since.

Jack Wohlabaugh.jpg
Dave Wohlabaugh..jpg

4-star legacy recruit? Oh come on. It's about time we land one of those. Looking at you, Gronk.
Probably going to take a few years to build trust with alums, before we get any of their sons to come here. Need some consistency in Staff, and their needs to be an outreach to former players, so they feel welcome here.

http://.com/syracuse-hoping-to-change-luck-with-legacy-recruiting/

TOS had an article about Wohlabaugh this morning, too. They didn't really get into the relationship between SU and the Wohlabaughs, but it sounds like it's still a strong one.