Class of 2018 - OL Ryan Kisselstein (Corcoran) Walk-on Committed to SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OL Ryan Kisselstein (Corcoran) Walk-on Committed to SYRACUSE

Kisselstein is a top student at Corcoran who plans to major in electrical engineering.

Along with sports, Kisselstein is heavily into robotics. He's part of a four-person Corcoran team that is heading to Louisville, Ky., this week for the VEX Roboticsworld competition.

---
Cool stuff.

Good for this kid going to his dream school and seeing if the football stuff works out. Obviously the kid is very intelligent and he has a great frame to possibly work into a scholarship football player. He might have academic scholarships to lean on until then. Welcome to the Cuse Family Ryan!

Good for this kid going to his dream school and seeing if the football stuff works out. Obviously the kid is very intelligent and he has a great frame to possibly work into a scholarship football player. He might have academic scholarships to lean on until then. Welcome to the Cuse Family Ryan!

Don't all Syracuse City School District Graduates get free tuition at Syracuse (assuming they get accepted)?

Interesting that on a HS baseball team at a school with low participation numbers, this great athlete is a DH. Makes me wonder about quickness and foot speed.

Not sure what O-Line speed measurements are but he is not "slow" or the like. The DH is just the coach's decision. He played first today. And that baseball team is pretty good - multiple JUCO and college players on it. Ryan is as hard a worker as there is and an awesome kid. Also on O-Line being smarter in general, he sure is that. He also knows he needs to work his butt off and learn - he is willing to do that everyday. Again, absolutely great kid.

** Full disclosure my son Jed is a JR pitcher on the team. For those that remember "Mr. Boots" from his going to spring games etc. 15 years ago - he is now a 195 lb 6'3" 17 year old kid throwing in the mid to upper 80s! Time flies.

**EDIT - Just realized my picture is Jed golfing at 5 years old. Didn't even realize that.

Last edited:
Not sure what O-Line speed measurements are but he is not "slow" or the like. The DH is just the coach's decision. He played first today. And that baseball team is pretty good - multiple JUCO and college players on it. Ryan is as hard a worker as there is and an awesome kid. Also on O-Line being smarter in general, he sure is that. He also knows he needs to work his butt off and learn - he is willing to do that everyday. Again, absolutely great kid.

** Full disclosure my son Jed is a JR pitcher on the team. For those that remember "Mr. Boots" from his going to spring games etc. 15 years ago - he is now a 195 lb 6'3" 17 year old kid throwing in the mid to upper 80s! Time flies.

**EDIT - Just realized my picture is Jed golfing at 5 years old. Didn't even realize that.
Mr Boots is a gas throwing junior in HS?

Crap. I am officially old.

Kisselstein is a top student at Corcoran who plans to major in electrical engineering.

Along with sports, Kisselstein is heavily into robotics. He's part of a four-person Corcoran team that is heading to Louisville, Ky., this week for the VEX Roboticsworld competition.

---
Cool stuff.
It is good stuff. SU has a top notch robotics program. They had a team that finished 8th of out 48 in a recent college robotics competition.

Syracuse could use a man like you, Ryan.

Orange Robotics Looking For New Team Members After Top Ten Finish - College of Engineering & Computer Science - Syracuse University

I don't know that it would ever be realistic to expect this kid to ever see the field, but he's a BIG boy at 6-6 260 in high school.

I like adding walk ons like this, who might "grow" into something more. As a TE / DE type, sounds like he's got some athletic upside at least.

Last edited:
Mr Boots is a gas throwing junior in HS?

Crap. I am officially old.

His yellow boots that he wore 24/7 are still on a shelf in the kitchen to remind us of then. By the way, I still catch him with no equipment other than a beaten up catcher's mit. IT HURTS but I keep a straight face. I mixed up signs once and thinking it was a fastball got a curve to the chest/throat - I am much more careful now.

By the way, Ryan Kisselstein is right handed but plays first base left handed. Kid is a versatile athlete.

I liked his tape. I think he could get FCS no prob.. He's athletic, 3 sport, but if you noticed, he was also punting... His initial pop was a little slow, but when he engaged, he managed a good push.. 3 sport guys don't get enough time in the weight room... Got stood up, a little bit, but always seemed to recover. I like it... After a year of S&C, and 1 sport focus, I think he has a real good chance for a scholly... Has the potential to be a very good PWO.

Wasn't JJ Watt a 6'6 Walk on (not saying he'll be JJ Watt)?

Kind of - he was a scholarship kid at Central Michigan, left and decided to walk on at Wisconsin.

Interesting that on a HS baseball team at a school with low participation numbers, this great athlete is a DH. Makes me wonder about quickness and foot speed.

True, I was thinking the same thing but baseball is a different animal . Could be more about not having the hands to play anywhere on D, which wouldnt translate to a problem as an OT. Good luck to this kid, he is going after it!

Jed has the 'Pro' position in that pic - great follow through. I suspect he is a good golfer to boot.

Jed has the 'Pro' position in that pic - great follow through. I suspect he is a good golfer to boot.

Jed used to have a great swing but now all his time is spent on the mound!!

Mr. Boots just committed to LeMoyne for 2019. I have even more appreciation for what these kids go through after having seen the recruiting process from the view of the player's father.

It really is about the fit for the player at the school, on the team and with the coaches. It is not just about the perceived "brand" of the college. To be honest I was hoping he went Ivy but after seeing how happy he is about the choice and having spent an hour with his future head coach watching Jed's last ever travel game together in NJ last week I am as excited about his choice as he is.

Jed threw 88 mph a few weeks ago at a showcase and he is positive with off-season workouts he will be in the 90s in his senior year. He also pitched at an event for committed players in Cooperstown last week throwing 2 innings with 0 hits, 0 runs and 3 strike outs including against St. John's and Texas Tech commits. He was named the pitcher with the "Best Movement" for the event. He is at the Babe Ruth All Star World Series right now and pitching later this week.

Hopefully he gets back to golf too. He is the perfect golfing buddy.

Sorry for going on about him but a lot of posters knew "Mr. Boots" from going to spring football games and open hoops practices since he was a toddler. I have pictures of Hak & Josh Pace with him at the 2003 Spring game when he was 2. Now he is a 6'3" 195 lb kid with big plans for the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom